Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2014 3:17am

Style: TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

FMA in Orange County?

I found some classes run by Daniel Sullivan, who is one of Inosanto's students, but I'm not crazy about the gym he's teaching out of (I've heard nightmare stories about contracts, etc). Here's a link, FWIW: http://www.ockickboxing.com/programs...-martial-arts/

Does anyone know of anything else in this area? I can't seem to find much.

Posted On:
    2/14/2014 4:08pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anyone personally out there, buy a friend of mine said there's Patrick Armijo.a modern arnis guy. I can ask some others i know and see what else is out there, most likely some of the CA bullies will chime in soon with some recommendations.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/14/2014 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a vid of C Mighty Dog teaching at the Primal Academy:

He's the first guy I had an actual stickfight with at a Dog Bros gathering. He's a little guy notorious for fighting the biggest guys there. I'd certainly train with him if it was an option, but I'm not sure if he teaches there regularly or if that was just a seminar. His background is mostly in kajukempo, I believe, but also includes PTK and others.

Primal academy website:
    http://primalacademy.com/

I've never been there but it looks worth a look.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/15/2014 4:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Orange County? I'm in Orange County!!!

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 10:59am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Here's a vid of C Mighty Dog teaching at the Primal Academy:
    He's the first guy I had an actual stickfight with at a Dog Bros gathering. He's a little guy notorious for fighting the biggest guys there. I'd certainly train with him if it was an option, but I'm not sure if he teaches there regularly or if that was just a seminar. His background is mostly in kajukempo, I believe, but also includes PTK and others.

Primal academy website:
    http://primalacademy.com/

I've never been there but it looks worth a look.
    Please note that Toki is no longer C-Mighty Dog, he is no longer welcome in the Dog Brothers organization, and that in the history of the DB, he's the only person officially kicked out of the Dog Brothers. He has lied about his teaching creds, misrepresented himself and his background, has passed off material he learned from NoHo clan and other DB instructors as his own, and has burned SEVERAL bridges within the Dog Brothers. He is now affiliated/created the Fighting Island Traditions organization.

While I respect Toki's willingness to step out against larger fighters, that is about the only positive thing I will say about him. I freely and enthusiastically admit a personal grudge against Toki, mainly because I am one of the guys he's stolen a lot of material from to pass off as his own. I also found out that he was very disrepectful and talked a lot of **** about me behind my back to other Dog Brothers/Gathering fighters.

I will say that I've met/know several of his students, and they all seem like decent people with good skills, so he's teaching them well...even if he's taking credit for material that's not his. I am NOT saying don't train with him, I am simply saying be wary when training with him.

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa