Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thumbs up for trying. Can't say I'm surprised. The next step is to wait for his next video, where he claims two high - level grapplers have endorsed his takedown defense as valid, without mentioning getting dribbled like a basketball for two hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 1:26pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, honestly, your 2 posts is WAY more "closure" than we normally get. I'm just amazed the guy showed up in the first place. I hope he has a new appreciation for effectiveness of takedowns.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    David posted the vid:

Here, he shows that the takedown defense he showed only works against a really dumb attack.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does sound like he is sincere about what he does, even if its not overly useful, and he is willing to acknowledge that there's a whole other world of grappling to contend with.
    A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools. ― Thucydides

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 11:13pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, he was a decent guy. He showed up, and there was no big ego fueled throwdown or anything equally exciting.

And I can't watch that video because of how high my voice sounds when I hear it played back. And I apparently touch my nose nonstop for a couple minutes as some sort of camera-spawned nervous tic.

David and I have been talking about grappling today a bit. I think his interest was piqued a little by the meeting, and he is contemplating getting more grappling training in. Which of course, would be awesome, in my opinion.

And who do you have to choke around here these days to get your rank tag updated?
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123