233487 Bullies, 3597 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 43
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/02/2014 8:31pm


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    China plays with knives

    People from outside the U.S. like to talk about our gun culture and that our violence is somehow caused by objects(guns), rather than human faults. Well in China they apparently like knives.

    BEIJING – A group of knife-wielding assailants burst into a train station in southern China late Saturday night and slashed to death at least 29 people and injured more than 100 others, according to state media.

    The government-run Xinhua News Agency described the Kunming train station assault as a “premeditated violent terrorist attack” and identified the group of more than 10 assailants as Uighur separatists from China’s restive Xinjiang region. Authorities shot dead four of the assailants and arrested one, according to Xinhua.

    http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/kn...08b_story.html

    Just wtf is wrong with people?? It takes a real fucked up set of asswipes to cleave innocent people to death.
  2. Bezmond is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tianjin, China
    Posts
    407

    Posted On:
    3/02/2014 9:40pm


     Style: Taijiquan, Karate

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    People from outside the U.S. like to talk about our gun culture and that our violence is somehow caused by objects(guns), rather than human faults. Well in China they apparently like knives.
    Might it not have something to do with what people have access to? 10 terrorists armed with knives = 29 dead, 10 terrorists armed with automatic weapons...I don't have a bee in my bonnet about "U.S. gun culture," but the fact that guns are extremely hard to get hold of here means that they are less likely to get into the hands of "asswipes."I think most Uighurs are probably separatists. The CCP seems to have no interest in Xinjiang other than strip mining it and bussing in Han settlers to breed out the locals. I obviously don't condone massacring people, but things are pretty shitty for those guys and no one gives a damn.
  3. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/02/2014 10:13pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Might it not have something to do with what people have access to? 10 terrorists armed with knives = 29 dead, 10 terrorists armed with automatic weapons...I don't have a bee in my bonnet about "U.S. gun culture," but the fact that guns are extremely hard to get hold of here means that they are less likely to get into the hands of "asswipes."I think most Uighurs are probably separatists. The CCP seems to have no interest in Xinjiang other than strip mining it and bussing in Han settlers to breed out the locals. I obviously don't condone massacring people, but things are pretty shitty for those guys and no one gives a damn.
    I agree with the part about people using what they can get their hands on, and it's actually part of my point. It's the people not the weapons they use. Yes assault rifles can be dangerous, but so can fire, knives, etc... As far as life being shitty for them though, I just don't see that as a justified reason to slaughter people. Life is shitty in a lot of places, but not everyone uses it as an excuse to kill innocent people.
  4. Bezmond is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tianjin, China
    Posts
    407

    Posted On:
    3/02/2014 10:27pm


     Style: Taijiquan, Karate

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't say it was justified. I just think that a mature government would accept that you can't stomp on people without a minority resorting to violence to get their voices heard. As usual, rather than engaging with the sources of resentment, I'm sure the response will be more stomping.
  5. Bezmond is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tianjin, China
    Posts
    407

    Posted On:
    3/03/2014 8:02am


     Style: Taijiquan, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I have killed pigs with a sledge hammer and a rifle.
    Now that sounds like a weekend!

    You don't really see many armed police to be honest. It's not like there's army everywhere either unless you go to Tiananmen Sq. You see more armed police presence in London. I haven't been out to Xinjiang or Tibet though...
  6. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/03/2014 8:52am


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I do not have an axe to grind with regards USA and guns

    The reality is it is far eisier to kill with a gun.

    I have killed pigs with a sledge hammer and a rifle.

    To killl a pig with a hammer requires and great deal of effort, and one has to be totaly comited to the act. You must swing hard again and again till the beast cannot stand.

    It is totally brutal, and is one reason I waited till I could get a rifle till continuing to home kill pigs.

    To kill with a rifle is easy in comparison. One squeze.

    Hey Bezmond, aren't there plenty of armed police/army knocking about,at staions etc?
    I would imagine that a blade would be somewhat easier than a sledgehammer too. As would setting it on fire or running it over with a car. My point is that a motivated person will find a way. Also who the **** kills a pig with a sledgehammer holy Christ. Wouldn't just about ANY weapon be better than hulk smashing it??
  7. Bezmond is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tianjin, China
    Posts
    407

    Posted On:
    3/03/2014 9:02am


     Style: Taijiquan, Karate

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I would imagine that a blade would be somewhat easier than a sledgehammer too. As would setting it on fire or running it over with a car. My point is that a motivated person will find a way. Also who the **** kills a pig with a sledgehammer holy Christ. Wouldn't just about ANY weapon be better than hulk smashing it??
    Yes, bit aren't guns designed to kill in the most efficient way possible using the technology at our disposal? I'd rather face someone going on a rampage with a brick than someone going at it with a gun. Sure, a motivated person will find a way to kill people with marshmallows, but it would take a while.

    I'm not sure what your point is really.
  8. Bezmond is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tianjin, China
    Posts
    407

    Posted On:
    3/03/2014 9:33am


     Style: Taijiquan, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I would imagine that a blade would be somewhat easier than a sledgehammer too. As would setting it on fire or running it over with a car.
    Have you ever tried to kill a pig? How long would it take to die if you set it on fire? What sort of wacky races hilarity would ensue while you tried to run it over? *Banjo music*
  9. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/03/2014 11:35am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, but still a sledgehammer?? Have you ever heard of hog tied?? String it up and slit it's throat. Other than feeding it back end first into a chipper I can't think of a more brutal way than a sledge.
  10. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/03/2014 11:49am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    Yes, bit aren't guns designed to kill in the most efficient way possible using the technology at our disposal? I'd rather face someone going on a rampage with a brick than someone going at it with a gun. Sure, a motivated person will find a way to kill people with marshmallows, but it would take a while.

    I'm not sure what your point is really.
    I guess my point is that I worry about my country ending up like jolly ole England and banning everything because of a few nutbags. I don't like the idea of being totally defenseless.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.