Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2014 10:05am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stretching with Resistance Bands

The youtube videos from ElMacho's thread were taken down...

I'm not flexible, which hinders my ability to do (static) stretches alone. I believe using resistance bands will help me stretch better and augment flexibility, hopefully helping hip mobility for BJJ.

I'd be using the bands after my BJJ class finishes, and at home. Just in case it's important, we use dynamic stretching when we begin the class.

How do I get about this? Aside from Stretching Scientifically, any reccomended resources?

- Youtube's "Stretching with resistance bands-Aguirre Fitness" is so far my reference. Chick is hot, too.
    - Youtube's "Hip Mobility and band stretches" seems helpful, too. Dude is buffed, if you swing that way.
    - Exrx has some stretches using towels, but I don't know which are the best, which to choose, or how to put them together.
    - The Resistancebandtraining web has some stretches and a pdf titled "Band Stretches for Baseball" by Dave Schmitz, which seem helpful.
    - I should be getting Stretching Scientifically in a couple weeks, but I don't know if there is any band usage there.

Ty in advance.

Posted On:
    2/07/2014 2:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are you fixated on the bands?
    Some of those are awful.

Posted On:
    2/11/2014 11:11am

Style: ti da shuai na

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kurz book is good. Also, I like the jump stretch bands when used like this:

Longer:

Last edited by Jack Rusher; 2/11/2014 11:13am at . Reason: added second video
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2014 11:07pm

Style: American Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A combination of Dynamic, Static and PNF stretching. I suggest dynamic stretching twice a day and static stretching after each routine. PNF stretching maybe twice a week.
    I stretch throughout the day whenever I can. Even bending over to tie my shoes before leaving the house, I will hold that stretched position for a little bit.
    It takes a long time to develop a high level of flexibility so patience is your greatest ally.
    Also, you can't just focus on stretching one body part. It just doesn't work that well that way. It's all connected.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2014 11:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A combination of Dynamic, Static and PNF stretching. I suggest dynamic stretching twice a day and static stretching after each routine. PNF stretching maybe twice a week.
    I stretch throughout the day whenever I can. Even bending over to tie my shoes before leaving the house, I will hold that stretched position for a little bit.
    It takes a long time to develop a high level of flexibility so patience is your greatest ally.
    Also, you can't just focus on stretching one body part. It just doesn't work that well that way. It's all connected.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2014 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2014 10:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to share some knowledge on this, but my reply was not posted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2014 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm very sorry for the multiple posts, but I did not understand why they were not posting. My ignorance and I do apologize. Not sure how to delete the extras yet.