251778 Bullies, 3623 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. 1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC183: Silva positive for Steroids, Diaz positive for Marijuana

UFC.com broke the news:
    [I]"On February 3, 2015, the UFC organization was notified by the Nevada State Athletic Commission that Anderson Silva tested positive for Drostanolone metabolites on his Jan. 9 out of competition drug test. UFC’s understanding is that further testing will be conducted by the Commission to confirm these preliminary results. Anderson Silva has been an amazing champion and a true ambassador of the sport of mixed martial arts and the UFC, in Brazil as well as around the world. UFC is disappointed to learn of these initial results. The UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents by its athletes."
    http://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/3/797...diaz-marijuana
    Last edited by cualltaigh; 2/03/2015 10:13pm at .

Posted On:
    2/03/2015 10:00pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well ****. I'm not bothered by Diaz's weed use. But Silva? This is legacy-ruining **** right here.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2015 10:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Well ****. I'm not bothered by Diaz's weed use. But Silva? This is legacy-ruining **** right here.
    And, according to mmamania.com it was not one but two different steroids (Drostanolone and Androsterone). Yup.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/03/2015 10:25pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    And, according to mmamania.com it was not one but two different steroids (Drostanolone and Androsterone). Yup.
    I wonder what the recent fight you have looked like without him on the juice. Silva should have just retired.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2015 10:42am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the sums he was paid for the fight, Silva should at least have been competent enough to stop taking steroids soon enough to pass a drug test.

Posted On:
    2/04/2015 10:53am

Style: FMA/HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he feel he needed the steroids to recover from that hideous leg break I wonder?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2015 10:57am

Style: BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Did he feel he needed the steroids to recover from that hideous leg break I wonder?
    And both of the ones detected are very weak. They wouldn't do a whole lot to help with recovery vs other steroids. its possible he used more, or others, and they just were not detectable anymore but Masteron and Androsteron (never even heard of the second but did look it up) are not the most effective for healing or recovery. Would have expected to see a nandrolone.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/04/2015 11:09am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But Silva? This is legacy-ruining **** right here.
    I don't think so. My opinion is that steroid use should be handled with zero mercy. It should be a bigger deal than it is.

But I think the reality is that fighters popping on piss tests is so common that nobody even pays attention to it anymore. It's a story for five minutes and then everyone forgets about it.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2015 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Jutsu/MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is getting beyond a joke. Roids are rampant on the amateur scene, so if the UFC can't set the example I feel bad for the future of MMA.

I just lost a lot of respect for Silva. For Diaz, I'm not sure how bad they can crack down considering they did jack on Jones, but so far he's the first I heard that will be punished. This isn't cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2015 12:15pm

Style: Tang Soo Do

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what the recent fight you have looked like without him on the juice. Silva should have just retired.
    Agreed on retirement. At least he would have left on a bang. Sorry.

Seriously, though, this is making me sad. I mean, it's a sport, so I'm sure PED's happen, but I had hoped that most of these guys were just badasses with good genes and work ethics. Now it all gets called into question. Obviously, they're still badass, they still work hard, and so on, but to what degree does their performance come out of a needle? I guess I'm just naive to expect different when so much money rides on it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast