Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2014 2:38pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

NEW VID - Ankle Pick From Sitting Guard (2 Options) - Jason Scully

If you can incorporate some wrestling into your jiu jitsu and grappling on the ground, even if you donít have any wrestling experience I honestly believe it will be a huge benefit.

Many people have not been fortunate to have practiced wrestling when they were younger or in school, for different valid reason. That however doesnít mean itís too late.

Just by adding simple wrestling techniques and principles to your BJJ and submission grappling ground game, you can create a much more diverse system for yourself.

One of the best positions to add wrestling is if you are a ďSitting GuardĒ player. The guard is very similar to butterfly guard, but is usually against a standing opponent. If you add even just a little bit of wrestling to the sitting guard you will have a much more complete game.

You never know, it may even help you with your takedown game from standing as well.

In this video that I share with you, Iíll show you two variations of the ankle pick that is set up from the sitting guard. The ankle pick is a highly effective wrestling take down and the same principles that wrestlers use from their feet when using the ankle pick are the same principles that BJJ players can use when on the ground as well.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    8/19/2014 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Solid technique, I'm going to play with this. Thank you!