Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2014 10:17am

Style: It's complicated.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help With Adidas Gi Size / Shrinkage Please!

Hey guys!

I recently ordered a single weave Adidas "Club" judo gi from Jukado.com. The size chart on their website says that, for guys that are over 6'2", the right size to buy is 7/200. I'm 6'3" so that's what I ordered. I just received it today and it's freaking huge; the skirt is long, the sleeves are long and the sleeves are very wide.

I've contacted Jukado to see if I should exchange it for a smaller size or if this is normal and I should just shrink it in the wash and then get the pants and sleeves hemmed to finish the job. The dilemma is that they're not a huge company so it's possible that I won't get a reply during the weekend; my first tournament is next weekend so, if the response is to wash/shrink/hem, I'd like to get a head start because it might have to go through a few cycles and it would probably need a day or so at the tailor before being good to go. If I can get that process started right now, that would be great, otherwise I might not have a white gi (which is required) in time for my first tournament. (I've been using my old blue BJJ gi for training so far.)

If the verdict is to shrink, how reliable do you think these guidelines are:

http://www.kodokangear.com/kodokange...0Shrinkage.pdf

Thanks guys!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2014 11:12pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They wont shrink. The Adiddas chart is jacked up. I'm 6'1" 200# a 4.5 is what I wear in most anything. I went through the same thing when I ordered an Adiddas. That said, the skirts are a little longer and the sleeves will be bigger because of the IJF regulations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2014 11:30am

Style: It's complicated.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    They wont shrink. The Adiddas chart is jacked up. I'm 6'1" 200# a 4.5 is what I wear in most anything. I went through the same thing when I ordered an Adiddas. That said, the skirts are a little longer and the sleeves will be bigger because of the IJF regulations.
    I wound up swapping it for a size 6 instead. It still feels bigger than my Gorilla Gear gi (also a size 6) but I suspect that's because the Gorilla Gear gi was made for BJJ.