Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: APLEA Krav Maga

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7
    Style
    nothing right now
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    APLEA Krav Maga

    Hello Bullshido forum,

    I have read (i.e. trolled) this website off and on for a few years, but never felt compelled to post anything, or even register for that matter, until now. I have recently begun looking though the interweb for a MA school for my niece, who wants to learn some practical, but basic, self defense before she goes off to college. I came across this Krav Maga website, and I came directly here to see if anyone had listed it already, because it seems like it would be. I did a search through the forums, but didn't find anything, so I am curious if anyone has come across this school already;
    (both links seem to link to the same school, but different websites)

    {I had to remove the dots in the links because I have less than five posts, and cannot post links in a topic yet}

    kravinstructor (dot) net
    martialartsclassnearschenectady(dot)com

    their youtube link:

    youtube(dot)com/user/kelevrakrav/videos

    Of particular interest, which I believe are the same people, but another web address:

    nycrpinc.webs.com/

    (this link is found under the "investor opportunities" section of the kravinstructor(dot)net site).


    Here is a list of APLEA black belts, in which Imi Lichtenfeld (the founder of Krav Maga) is listed, however plausible or implausible that may be, since I believe he died in 1998. Also listed are the 7th degree black belts belonging to the APLEA instructors.

    kravinstructor(dot)net/aplea-blackbelts


    I believe there had been considerable infighting and splintering in the Krav Maga community. I live near the former Northeast Training Center for Krav Maga (I say former because I don't see it there anymore when I drive by). So, I don't know what the current organizational structure is, but this school ( marketing company, really) seems to be prominent in that community, buy their own description (and perhaps they are?).

    It is my personal opinion, and the reason for my making this post, that when a person claims military and police experience, and then makes claims of personal belief that all citizens should be "police" (or, in the least, act in a police capacity in times of duress or danger) then they should at least be examined to ensure they are providing sound, legal instruction to their students. It is one thing to have this belief. It is entirely another to charge people money for you to espouse it to them. Caveat emptor aside, that could get people hurt, or in legal trouble.

    Just the title of this video alone makes me think potential lawsuit (I do think it is incorrectly titled, based on the content, but that is another issue):

    youtube.com/watch?v=r7BFPjdg3Co

    To me, and again this is my opinion, the American Private Law Enforcement Association sounds more like, at best, a marketing strategy, and at worst, sovereign citizen ideology.

    I do not post this information with malicious intent. The owners of this MA business may be nice guys. At least they are veterans. Far be it from me to stand in the way of a persons freedom to form their own beliefs and espouse them to others. I do believe, however, that if you are willing to accept money from people and make those beliefs a business, then you should also be willing to be criticized (constructively or not) and have your claims examined. Especially if you claim Military and LEO experience as a basis for legitimizing your status as an instructor.

    I am a veteran, a law enforcement officer, and have been exposed to Krav Maga, as well as a few other martial arts during my lifetime, so although I do not claim to be an expert, I do have a foundation from which I question the validity of the instructors claims.

    What do you think?

    Regards, and thank you for this forum. It is a valuable resource.

    James

  2. #2
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,074
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is only real post you've done. Honestly, I was about to ban you for all your **** posting. Stop, post seriously and you'll get your 5 posts.

  3. #3
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,074
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched the videos on their youtube channel.

    1. Overweight Middle Aged Men --- check
    2. BDUs --- check
    3. Static Weapons Defenses to unrealistic attacks --- check

    Looks like standard Krav Maga / Combatives / RBSD to me

  4. #4

  5. #5
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,235
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by <plasma> View Post
    Links from OP:

    I really do love the black belts with cargo pants, bear bellies, bad cardio, mouth breathing and t-shirts.

    I wanna know about these "Terminations" he speaks of at the 8:38 ish mark. You sure this isn't an elaborate troll not an actual Krav Monkey?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  6. #6
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,069
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreforcepyper View Post
    Hello Bullshido forum,

    I have read (i.e. trolled) this website off and on for a few years, but never felt compelled to post anything, or even register for that matter, until now. I have recently begun looking though the interweb for a MA school for my niece, who wants to learn some practical, but basic, self defense before she goes off to college. I came across this Krav Maga website, and I came directly here to see if anyone had listed it already, because it seems like it would be. I did a search through the forums, but didn't find anything, so I am curious if anyone has come across this school already;
    (both links seem to link to the same school, but different websites)

    {I had to remove the dots in the links because I have less than five posts, and cannot post links in a topic yet}

    kravinstructor (dot) net
    martialartsclassnearschenectady(dot)com

    their youtube link:

    youtube(dot)com/user/kelevrakrav/videos

    Of particular interest, which I believe are the same people, but another web address:

    nycrpinc.webs.com/

    (this link is found under the "investor opportunities" section of the kravinstructor(dot)net site).


    Here is a list of APLEA black belts, in which Imi Lichtenfeld (the founder of Krav Maga) is listed, however plausible or implausible that may be, since I believe he died in 1998. Also listed are the 7th degree black belts belonging to the APLEA instructors.

    kravinstructor(dot)net/aplea-blackbelts


    I believe there had been considerable infighting and splintering in the Krav Maga community. I live near the former Northeast Training Center for Krav Maga (I say former because I don't see it there anymore when I drive by). So, I don't know what the current organizational structure is, but this school ( marketing company, really) seems to be prominent in that community, buy their own description (and perhaps they are?).

    It is my personal opinion, and the reason for my making this post, that when a person claims military and police experience, and then makes claims of personal belief that all citizens should be "police" (or, in the least, act in a police capacity in times of duress or danger) then they should at least be examined to ensure they are providing sound, legal instruction to their students. It is one thing to have this belief. It is entirely another to charge people money for you to espouse it to them. Caveat emptor aside, that could get people hurt, or in legal trouble.

    Just the title of this video alone makes me think potential lawsuit (I do think it is incorrectly titled, based on the content, but that is another issue):

    youtube.com/watch?v=r7BFPjdg3Co

    To me, and again this is my opinion, the American Private Law Enforcement Association sounds more like, at best, a marketing strategy, and at worst, sovereign citizen ideology.

    I do not post this information with malicious intent. The owners of this MA business may be nice guys. At least they are veterans. Far be it from me to stand in the way of a persons freedom to form their own beliefs and espouse them to others. I do believe, however, that if you are willing to accept money from people and make those beliefs a business, then you should also be willing to be criticized (constructively or not) and have your claims examined. Especially if you claim Military and LEO experience as a basis for legitimizing your status as an instructor.

    I am a veteran, a law enforcement officer, and have been exposed to Krav Maga, as well as a few other martial arts during my lifetime, so although I do not claim to be an expert, I do have a foundation from which I question the validity of the instructors claims.

    What do you think?

    Regards, and thank you for this forum. It is a valuable resource.

    James
    I would suggest she take up Judo or BJJ and make the commitment to continue training once in college. There might be a Judo or BJJ student club, or place to train nearby where she goes to school.

    As I suspect you know, there is no quick and easy answer to learning to defend yourself in H2H. Trying to learn some sort of basic stuff without further training is likely a waste of time. There are a lot of other behaviors a young person can do that will keep them out of trouble so nothing physical has to happen. Make sure she knows those things.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  7. #7
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,069
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by <plasma> View Post
    I watched the videos on their youtube channel.

    1. Overweight Middle Aged Men --- check
    2. BDUs --- check
    3. Static Weapons Defenses to unrealistic attacks --- check

    Looks like standard Krav Maga / Combatives / RBSD to me
    Plus a wonky marketing scheme, man, that's a new one to me.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  8. #8
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,888
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To OP

    I haven't gotten through all the videos.... I actually only watched a few mins of their lead video on their site. that disarm will get you shot in the fucking chest. that lacing grip they use on the gun arm isn't enough to hold the body static. Then they ,as usual with Krav, begin to strike before putting hands on the weapon. Striking is a very explosive movement and causes things to jostle around. You don't want jostling when you have the barrel of a Glock pointed near your heart.

    The major problem the theory of operation of Krav has is they assume that the Krav practitioners can hit hard and will KO and disorient the attacker with strikes. the problem with this idea is very few krav instructors actually strike well. So even fewer students strike well and more over a small person with low muscle mass has even less chance of delivering blows that wobble and KO people even with good technique. Also crazy people and people on stimulants are harder to KO. If you're small learn to grapple for self defense,Gracie Jiu Jitsu (from Royce,Relson,Rickson,Royler, not from the Internet) . choking someone unconscious takes very little strength.
    Since we are talking about a women money being stolen by a robber is basically irrelevant. Rape is the major concern. If the is an attempted rape and she knows krav,Muay thai, boxing, savage or RexKwonDo the attacker will be trying to get in between her legs. If she is a Bjj/Gjj practitioner they will be trying to get into her guard. That is a powerful difference that gives her a strong chance to choke them unconscious.

  9. #9
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,888
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I There are a lot of other behaviors a young person can do that will keep them out of trouble so nothing physical has to happen. Make sure she knows those things.
    exactly! Things like: don't pass out at parties, don't walk alone, carry pepper spray, don't be scared to make a scene, DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH, Get the Roofy nail polish, don't take drinks from strangers! pay attention to the reputations of the people that you are around, etc.
    h2h is probably the least important thing that would go on that list except for the confidence building aspects. the most important is: don't get too drunk...... it doesn't matter how much of a bad ass you are. if you're drunk you can fight worth a ****.

  10. #10
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,069
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    exactly! Things like: don't pass out at parties, don't walk alone, carry pepper spray, don't be scared to make a scene, DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH, Get the Roofy nail polish, don't take drinks from strangers! pay attention to the reputations of the people that you are around, etc.
    h2h is probably the least important thing that would go on that list except for the confidence building aspects. the most important is: don't get too drunk...... it doesn't matter how much of a bad ass you are. if you're drunk you can fight worth a ****.
    For example, to the OP:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/29...l?intcmp=hpbt3

    There are literally hundreds of similar cases...young woman goes out on town, get drunk, and ends up missing.

    I wish we lived in a world where we would all get drunk and stupid and have fun and nobody would try to take advantage, but that's not this world, and never will be.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO