Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2014 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure wish I had known all this 25 years ago, just had knee replacement, I wonder what input ya'all have about how to deal with working out or finding a partner what would promise NOT to crank on the bad replaced joint. Any ideas please.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2014 10:32pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Sure wish I had known all this 25 years ago, just had knee replacement, I wonder what input ya'all have about how to deal with working out or finding a partner what would promise NOT to crank on the bad replaced joint. Any ideas please.
    Say "Don't crank on my knee, its been replaced and I still have issues with it" and if they refuse, don't train with them. Any training partner worth their salt doesn't want to hurt you, they want to mutually improve skills together.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/05/2014 9:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    this is why i'm waiting a while to replace my knees, i want ones that are tough, like in the six million dollar man series, you know, so i can *dare* someone to crank on it.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reticent about doing this Krijgsman,
    and Ming, I had a uni-compartmental and after 4 months now am doing so well its scary. I did prepare- by riding a stationary bike.

Started spin class, feels even better.

For those not with good knees, take the weight off first- worth every penny and pound. Recovery is so much better.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12