Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2014 3:04am

Style: Western Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Model 76 by Remmington

I like to collect the unusual models and calibers of firearms. With that said I just added a Rem. model 76 in .300 Savage. Before someone says Rem. is still making this slide action rifle. No, they are making an improved mod. 7600 and no .300 Savage offered. Why I like these unusual calibers and models, I don't know. This model was discontinued in 1958 and I would rate at 90% NRA. Joe

Posted On:
    1/31/2014 10:05pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    I like to collect the unusual models and calibers of firearms. With that said I just added a Rem. model 76 in .300 Savage. Before someone says Rem. is still making this slide action rifle. No, they are making an improved mod. 7600 and no .300 Savage offered. Why I like these unusual calibers and models, I don't know. This model was discontinued in 1958 and I would rate at 90% NRA. Joe
    Cool man. I'm glad you like your rifle, but next time you decide to create a new thread in the Armory, I ask that you consider doing so in a way that is conducive to discussion. Maybe show us some pictures of your new rifle?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2014 11:01pm

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My apologlies to the group and the forum. I am a knuckle dragging caveman in the computer world. I will try to learn how to post pictures. Yes pictures would make my posts more interesting. M aybe something along the lines the liine of name this firearm for fun.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2014 3:16am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Remington Nylon 76 "Trailrider" is the only lever action rifle known to have been made by Remington Arms and was billed as the world's fastest lever action rifle. This gun has a locked-breech lever action, with a short stroke of only about thirty degrees. It was introduced by Remington Arms in 1962 and discontinued in 1965.

Approximately 26,927 of these rifles were made and originally retailed for $59.95.

Two grades of this rifle were available: The Nylon 76AB Apache Black (approximately 1600 were made of this type), and the Nylon 76MB Mohawk Brown. The Remington website states that there was a "standard" grade but through correspondence with Remington, it was determined that this was a typo.