Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/28/2014 7:25pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 169: Barao vs. Faber II

Two belts on the line for you guys still willing to pay for PPV. Here's the full line up for this weekend.

Main card
    Weight class
    Bantamweight Renan Barão (c) vs. Urijah Faber
    Featherweight José Aldo (c) vs. Ricardo Lamas
    Heavyweight Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
    Flyweight John Lineker vs. Ali Bagautinov
    Lightweight Jamie Varner vs. Abel Trujillo
    Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
    Lightweight John Makdessi vs. Alan Patrick
    Flyweight Chris Cariaso vs. Danny Martinez
    Middleweight Nick Catone vs. Tom Watson
    Lightweight Al Iaquinta vs. Kevin Lee
    Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Middleweight Clint Hester vs. Andy Enz
    Lightweight Tony Martin vs. Rashid Magomedov
    Welterweight Neil Magny vs. Gasan Umalatov
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Posted On:
    1/29/2014 11:14am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God what a boring line up. The Mir Overoids fights is going to be like watching two treebeards duke it out. Speaking of Overoids, did they ever get him to do a legit piss test?? I could see promise with the main, but honestly it will probably be like watching a couple squirrels fight in the back yard.

I'm kind of jaded, I really want to see Jones fight someone that lasts longer than two rounds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2014 6:59pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty curious if Faber will have anything for Barao compared to the last time they fought. It seems like having Ludwig as head coach has really tuned up Team Alpha Male's striking overall, but I'm not sure that will be enough.

ALdo vs. Lamas I don't know what to think about that one. Seems like Lamas has been on the verge of a title shot for a long time.

I think, with the amount of times he's been bullied lately, Mir won't be able to get past Overeem. Overeem has had the most trouble with the guys as big (or bigger) than him that can gut through his initial blitz and knees. Seeing how Mir handled Barnett's dirty clinch up and dirty boxing (by getting flash KO's) doesn't instill confidence. I want Overeem to do well, if only to add another interesting fighter to HW but I don't have much confidence in him either. He seems to sabotage himself pretty spectacularly when up against the better UFC talent.
    Last edited by Krijgsman; 1/30/2014 7:05pm at .

Posted On:
    1/30/2014 7:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually hoping Faber will win. Mir just seems done to me, Jesus he got gassed fighting Nelson. I just don't think he has the fire in him anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2014 7:21pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm actually hoping Faber will win. Mir just seems done to me, Jesus he got gassed fighting Nelson. I just don't think he has the fire in him anymore.
    I would also be fine with Faber winning. I am not sure if he has improved enough to do so though. More power to him if he has. I agree about Mir, though Overeem has also gassed in his last few fights.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2014 10:01pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Al Iquinta took the decision but I thought Lee came back and did enough to take it oh well. Catone takes the split decision that dude literally took down his way to victory cause Watson had the striking imo. Cariaso takes the unanimous a good back and forth fight. Alan Patrick takes another long night of decisions I hope the main event will have some subs or KO's for you guys.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2014 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During Nick Catone's fight, I like how Mike Goldberg claimed that the residents of Brick Township, NJ are well-known for their toughness. People think that Goldberg just pulls stuff out of his ass and doesn't really know what he's talking about, but as a genuine resident of the Garden State I can confirm this is true. Brick, the childhood town of Kirsten Dunst and 2006's "Safest City in America," is fockin' hardcore. The epitome of urban grit:

Posted On:
    2/02/2014 4:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    During Nick Catone's fight, I like how Mike Goldberg claimed that the residents of Brick Township, NJ are well-known for their toughness. People think that Goldberg just pulls stuff out of his ass and doesn't really know what he's talking about, but as a genuine resident of the Garden State I can confirm this is true. Brick, the childhood town of Kirsten Dunst and 2006's "Safest City in America," is fockin' hardcore. The epitome of urban grit:

But...but...it's Joizy! According to well-established mythology, everything in the pic--grass, trees, water, sand and so on--is supposed to be so toxic that anyone looking at it will be stage-4 by springtime.

Proof? Kirsten Dunst no longer exists, having been incinerated alongside all of humanity when Earth was destroyed by Melancholia a couple of years back.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2014 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    But...but...it's Joizy!.
    That lake may look like a peaceful and bucolic place, but its probably filled with wise guys in cement galoshes. Fuhgeddabodit.

I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I'm proud about it, I love the Garden State.
    I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I want to shout it, I think it's simply great.
    All of the other states throughout the nation may mean a lot to some;
    But I wouldn't want another, Jersey is like no other, I'm glad that's where I'm from.

If you want glamour, try Atlantic City or Wildwood by the sea;
    Then there is Trenton, Princeton, and Fort Monmouth, they all made history.
    Each little town has got that certain something, from High Point to Cape May;
    And some place like Mantoloking, Phillipsburg, or Hoboken will steal your heart away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    But...but...it's Joizy!.
    That lake may look like a peaceful and bucolic place, but its probably filled with wise guys in cement galoshes. Fuhgeddabodit.

I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I'm proud about it, I love the Garden State.
    I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I want to shout it, I think it's simply great.
    All of the other states throughout the nation may mean a lot to some;
    But I wouldn't want another, Jersey is like no other, I'm glad that's where I'm from.

If you want glamour, try Atlantic City or Wildwood by the sea;
    Then there is Trenton, Princeton, and Fort Monmouth, they all made history.
    Each little town has got that certain something, from High Point to Cape May;
    And some place like Mantoloking, Phillipsburg, or Hoboken will steal your heart away.
    “A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools.” ― Thucydides