230592 Bullies, 3510 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. tgace is online now
    tgace's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,400

    Posted On:
    1/14/2014 3:54pm


     Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After a little FB stalking:

    https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...99838396_n.jpg

    Same names of man and wife...same area of Fla.
  2. CapnMunchh is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    1/14/2014 4:31pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    Which is why stand your ground laws are such bullshit. If he felt that threatened after starting an argument with someone then he needed to go somewhere else.

    If you are a willing participant in the creation and escalation of the situation then you should not be able to claim self defense.
    I agree he most likely overreacted -- it doesnt sound like the victin was the type to commit felonius assault. But I don't think that the defense here is necessarily based on stand your ground laws that do away with a duty to retreat. Even without such a law, he could argue that he couldnt retreat in the confines of the theatre, particularly since he was accompanied by his wife, and the issue then becomes one of ordinary self-defense without any involvement of the stand your ground law.
  3. kamadul is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    259

    Posted On:
    1/14/2014 4:50pm


     Style: Judo, Boxing

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    I agree he most likely overreacted -- it doesnt sound like the victin was the type to commit felonius assault. But I don't think that the defense here is necessarily based on stand your ground laws that do away with a duty to retreat. Even without such a law, he could argue that he couldnt retreat in the confines of the theatre, particularly since he was accompanied by his wife, and the issue then becomes one of ordinary self-defense without any involvement of the stand your ground law.
    I see your point and I'd have to agree.

    The only thing being threatened was his ego. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger man and walk away. Killing someone over something so trivial is insane.

    Whatever gave him the idea that it was his job to enforce the rules of the theater? It's not his theater. It's not his rule. He had no authority to be telling anyone anything.
  4. CapnMunchh is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    1/14/2014 5:04pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    I see your point and I'd have to agree.

    The only thing being threatened was his ego. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger man and walk away. Killing someone over something so trivial is insane.

    Whatever gave him the idea that it was his job to enforce the rules of the theater? It's not his theater. It's not his rule. He had no authority to be telling anyone anything.
    An ego that was probably fed by years of giving orders to subordinates and having them carried out without question. I mean, how many cops argue with their Captain?

    This is similar to incidents -- many of which I've heard about in the D.C. area over the years -- where somebody cuts somebody off on the road and flips the bird, and gets a bullet in return. That's happened to me a few times, and I found that laughing it off works real well -- that guy is a frickin maniac! When I hear about a case where people shoot at each other for bullshit like that I figure its a good one for the Twinkie Defense.

    Edit: I mean I got the bird, not the bullet!
  5. kamadul is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    259

    Posted On:
    1/14/2014 6:05pm


     Style: Judo, Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just heard on the local news that he went to his car to retrieve the gun. He did not have it on him during the original confrontation. He's going down for murder.
  6. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,230

    Posted On:
    1/15/2014 6:12am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've provided a stern rebuke to a bunch of young kids whose banal musings about the state of the seats they were in irked me so. A short sharp, "oi, shut up you little fuckheads or I'll smash your fucking faces in", as well as a menacing glare allowed me to watch the rest of Despicable Me 2 without any further distractions.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  7. erezb is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,292

    Posted On:
    1/15/2014 6:48am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    But seriously, as a former police captain, its not unreasonable that he carry a gun regularly. Depending on the shooting victim's appearance and demeanor, the defendant could make a good argument that he was afraid for his life; the perceived aggression, as well as a significant disparity between the age and/or size of the people involved could justify the use of deadly force, even if no deadly weapon was displayed by the victim.
    He could have aimed for the leg, the fact he shot him mid section (i presume) is murder. He could have just pulled the gun out and waved it, but he decided enough is enough, for both of them.
    That does not sound like self defense, that sounds like he killed a father and ruined a family because he feels like he lost his old deterrence as he got old so **** everybody..He should get the chair.
  8. wetware is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,129

    Posted On:
    1/15/2014 7:02am


     Style: BJJ/MT

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    He could have aimed for the leg, the fact he shot him mid section (i presume) is murder. He could have just pulled the gun out and waved it, but he decided enough is enough, for both of them.
    That does not sound like self defense, that sounds like he killed a father and ruined a family because he feels like he lost his old deterrence as he got old so **** everybody..He should get the chair.
    He should have just not shot the fucker. No gun waving, no **** like that. Seek an employee and tell them that they can either do something about the texter or they can give him two complimentary movie passes: one for the movie he's not going to watch and one for the inconvenience.

    Also, the "aim for the leg" thing is bullshit and you should know it. It's a dead horse around these parts, so I won't bludgeon the poor thing further.
  9. CapnMunchh is offline

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    1/15/2014 9:22am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    He could have aimed for the leg, the fact he shot him mid section (i presume) is murder.
    Aiming for center mass is how LEO's are trained to shoot, therefore a reaction to be expected, and consistent with the defense that he feared for his life since shooting the leg is less likely to stop an attack. Nevertheless, I'd expect him to be convicted oat least f some level of homicide, if not murder.
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    There's not enough words to describe my existence.

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,436

    Posted On:
    1/15/2014 10:49am

    supporting member
     Style: No Style

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LEOs are trained to not shoot innocent bystanders, and the theater was likely dark. He brought the gun into the theater and immediately became a threat to everyone inside.

    I don't give one ratshit that he's an ex-cop. He's just another mental case, another movie theater psycho.

    Let's not forget the bullet not only penetrated the deceased, but first went through a woman's hand.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.