Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmonk View Post
    Right, of course. And I was saying that at first glance, it looked like a compression lock with a better grip.

Now that you guys have clarified, I noticed upon re-watching the video that the toes are trapped against the body, mimicking the operative action of a toehold. Pretty cool.
    That's because Sambo requires strength, GM Helio's all about dat technique since he had the strength of a 100lbs AIDS patient.

The toes against the body make it pretty nasty, the "reverse RNC" (term coined) grip helps prevent them from twisting in and they can't really twist out without driving it deeper.

I started messing with it yesterday to counter the annoyingness that is knee shield and half butterfly, made people panic pretty quick. Tonight I'm going to try it against DLR.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 3:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I drilled it before class vs RDLR, DLR and Knee Shield. I hunted for them the during the 1 Berimbolo attempt and 1 Knee Shield I encountered during rolling, no love. I missed the free leg on the Berimbolo and the foot on the knee shield was to well protected.

More drilling required.

On the plus side, double guard pull X hook is working like a charm.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found this video that does a pretty good job of explaining what is happening

Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 7:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's basically the foot version of this wristlock:

Really powerful and fast attack when you get it down. The key is learning to swiftly feel when the toes are trapped right so you can apply the pressure.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I screwed around with it tonight in drilling, and didn't seem to be able to make it work. There was definite pressure and torque, but I didn't feel like it was tap-worthy. Again, I'm probably missing something. Also tried that Keenan Cornelius footlock he did on the BudoJake video... Didn't really like that one, either, because I couldn't seem to find a way to make it feel solid.

I'm just a buzzkill right now.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/14/2014 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I screwed around with it tonight in drilling, and didn't seem to be able to make it work. There was definite pressure and torque, but I didn't feel like it was tap-worthy. Again, I'm probably missing something. Also tried that Keenan Cornelius footlock he did on the BudoJake video... Didn't really like that one, either, because I couldn't seem to find a way to make it feel solid.

In free rolling today I fumbled with putting the toes in the right position and getting the grip solid a few times. I got it on a purple and a blue though.

Something I need to drill to make smooth. Just static though I feel like I could snap their ankle backward once I involve my legs.

edit: One thing I did differently than that video is make sure their toes were pointed down (like a toe hold).

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2014 3:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Keenan foot lock is the exact same principle and almost the same movement that I showed when I was at monolith last and since seeing this video I have switched to an RNC grip and it is much better
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/15/2014 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not to go internet service troubleshooter on you, but I can see you do Sambo, you aren't wearing shoes are you? ...because that might have an effect on this one, lol

Anyway I can assure you that you're missing a detail or two. if you do it right there is no way you can not tap and walk away from it. First time I ever tapped out a black belt was with this technique, and it was against a good black belt that I never caught with anything before or since. Move is solid, but very difficult to get down at first. First time I tried to learn it when Braulio hit it in ADCC I got frustrated and gave up on it for like a year. Then I went back and really took my time feeling out the details and eventually got it down.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    1/15/2014 8:46pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I and one of my purple brothers do this lock a lot, I was hoping it would be "treated" as a straight foot lock, but I guess I hoped too much, alas.

We don't put any sideways torque on it and pressure comes in an upward fashion, I feel it come on like an inverted straight ankle lock where the toes are trapped to the stomach instead of in the armpit (I think I'm just confused in above descriptions):
    - we put the toes of the foot in at an angle into (towards the stomach so they can't rotate the leg out) the stomach or bottom of sternum and wrist comes in back of the heel pulling the foot into you and helping to keep it trapped--this is your "cork or fulcrum",
    - you have to stay hanging/curving your body "over" the trapped foot you're attacking,
    - you push your hips forward to apply the pressure from ground, or hilariously effectively from standing (watching people hang as they try and climb upwards legs first to your standing body is pretty great...I'm sure my training brother loves watching the anguish as I try and skitter into the air before I have to tap, haha)

Ok, yeah I just described the video that Zap linked, we worked it from that. It's a goddamned fast sub to come on, you can feel it and it hurts like a mother fucker. Great for people with lazy hooks, pull up and whack it on.

Basically put the toes of the foot in towards your stomach, and trap it there with the upwards pressure of your wrist, don't let your posture come up AWAY from the foot and you should have the pressure on right...you should be able to feel it come on FAST.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    1/18/2014 12:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast