Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 4:22pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your Martial Art Sucks: Soke Masaaki Hatsumi Ninja Ground Fighting

Soke Masaaki Hatsumi Ninja Ground Fighting

0:18 - Bridge and Roll but coming up to that armbar isn’t possible on anyone with a decent cross collar choke. This is the best technique of the entire video and it was poorly executed. If I saw a white belt doing this I would correct it.

0:32 - I watched this like 5 times, this is a Ninja “pinching” or “skin ripping” technique. I could mention that he could of based on his head or released the choke and based with his arm. But unless Hastumi got some hidden Ninja strength you can’t throw a grown man like that who is resisting you.

0:35 - Moving in the least efficient manner possible to Nut Shot

0:44 - Holy **** a Ninja! Quick give up mount!

0:46 - Psych!

0:47 - Controlling the Upper Body is for people that don’t wear Tabi

0:56 - Little Kid Kicking

1:00 - Ninja is Tapping to the Knee on Calf. Some call it a pressure point. Others a good massage.

1:11 - The Massage continues. I wouldn’t get up either.

1:16 - Hatsumi interrupts the nice massage with moving the arm into whatever position his Ninja strength allows. Most grown man have no resistance when you rotate against their shoulder. Same when you dance them around by it.

2:07 - Ninja Boob Grab and striking up from underneath the mount.

2:12 - Hatsumi must of paralyzed him with the Boob grab because it takes an entire 4 seconds to position his hand to secure a single finger

2:14 - If the Ninja straighten that top leg, he would break that finger grip pretty easily. I forgot he is paralyzed by the Boob grab

2:21 - All that to break his finger and punch him in the butt?

2:25 - Time to stand up , nudge his leg forward so you can step on his hand. This would only immobile someone that is paralyzed.

2:30 - Heel Kick to the leg from that position? If you standing on the Ninja with 1 foot and kicking with the other, I guess you are hoping he doesn’t move? Otherwise, you are falling on your ass.

2:59 - Lunge Punch from Mount

3:03 - Striking up from under mount in the least efficient way. Assuming there is an efficient way, there isn’t and this is worse.

3:08 - Apparently an extended thumb knuckle (Look up Koh Ken) to the Temple from an inferior position is enough to get the Ninja out of Mount. Ground and Pound is now useless. I yelled “Timber” when he fell. I am slowly going insane…

3:17 - TIMMMMMMMBBBBEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

3:22 - Ninja strength can hold double wrist locks with no leverage from underneath mount. Tabi Required.

3:23 - It’s important in Ninja ground fighting to have you legs extended so you can’t engage your hips

3:26 - Who need Hips when you can swing your legs wildly in the air?!

3:26 - At least the Ninja didn’t just fall over, I guess that is an improvement

3:33 - Hastumi doesn’t lunge punch, he chain punches. Even when gravity is on your side, make sure your weight is off your opponent and but be careful not to put it in your punches.

3:40 - Apparently, instead of weight, use the pressure point in their arm to pin them down. Despite the fact he could get bridged off by anyone, how does one get to this position?

3:46 - Two attackers - Zero Weight actually on him

3:53 - Awesome sound effects! But did Hastumi literally throw him over the guy choking him with one hand while his entire body was lying on the floor?! I saw the nut grab and all, but would a more appropriate reaction be to pin that arm to the floor and start punching? or simply start punching?

4:02 - Wearing Tabis does not magically give Ninja the ability to do a Cross Collar Choke correctly it seems.

4:05 - Only Ninja can completely move a mounted opponent with their elbow flared out at a 90 degree angle
    Last edited by Plasma; 1/10/2014 4:28pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 5:03pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't know Hartsumi made a comical attempt to address ground fighting.

I genuinely think this stuff is worse than the SKH clip you posted earlier. Which is a feat of accomplishment in and of itself.

Considering he did at one time complete in judo do you think Hatsumi actually believes any of this? Or is it just an attempt to sell another DVD?

I wish you could post this in the MAP ninja forum... Just to witness the meltdown.

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 6:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hatumi moves well for an eldery gentleman. That's about the best that can be said for this atrocity.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like Ninja Groundfighting is attempted when your playing dead ploy fails.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 7:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Hatumi moves well for an eldery gentleman. That's about the best that can be said for this atrocity.
    Actors always look good when the stuntmen are throwing themselves around for them.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    1/10/2014 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their jutsu is invisible all right.

So is their competition record.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    1/11/2014 5:17am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Didn't know Hartsumi made a comical attempt to address ground fighting.

I genuinely think this stuff is worse than the SKH clip you posted earlier. Which is a feat of accomplishment in and of itself.

Considering he did at one time complete in judo do you think Hatsumi actually believes any of this? Or is it just an attempt to sell another DVD?

I wish you could post this in the MAP ninja forum... Just to witness the meltdown.
    I think after so many years he buys his own bullshit. Kinda like death touch and Ki masters.

The MAP Ninja will find this eventually. They always do.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    1/11/2014 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Cycle of the Ninja:

Booj: "Our techniques are too deadly to spar. We train for the street, we don't grapple."

Others: "You guys don't train alive then. You're going to get your asses kicked."

Booj: "Oh wait, we do grapple, since ancient times, but it's a big secret. Here's all the full contact ninja grappling!"

Others: "But that looks like bad judo."

Booj: "That's just what we want you to think...NINJA!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2014 10:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish some ninjas would come along to explain to us how we're all wrong and just don't see the subtlety in Hatsumi's movements that makes it all work.

Because I want to eat some popcorn.

Posted On:
    1/12/2014 8:49am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plasma -- I want to say that I've agreed with your assessments so far.

That said...

I don't know which is worse, your recent obsession with opening new ninja ground fighting video threads or the fact I keep reading the threads hoping for some new insight.

Couldn't these videos all have been posted in one thread at least?

I'm worried for you, man. Isn't there some more constructive use of your time than searching for, watching, and then reviewing ninjer grappler videos? Are you injured and can't attend training? Has there been a recent bad break-up? Are these threads a cry for help?

I wish some ninjas would come along to explain to us how we're all wrong and just don't see the subtlety in Hatsumi's movements that makes it all work.

Because I want to eat some popcorn.
    No can defend.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast