Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
  1. #51
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #52
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post


    Here's more stupid. The fact that he doesn't mention that both people will likely be under the influence of a metric fuckton of vodka is worrying.
    What's this guy's marketing demographic ? Are there lots of I'd assume younger guy and gals out there who are walking around worried they are going to get into a "street fight" every waking moment they are outside, in public ?

    He's doesn't have much fighting experience himself, even in a sport setting. He alludes to the tough streets of Philly of his youth, then some TKD (black belt at 13, point fighting), then MMA, then some muy thai training and 1? pro match , then, well, decides his calling is to be a MMA coach....

    I realize that not every good coach or trainer may be the best ever fighter. I mean, one of the best all time gymnastics instructors of women was a man.

    However, Shane really is stretching it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #53
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    OMG Danny Horgan cloned himself.

    D-bomb's been busy.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    576
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Shane, whereabouts is your gym located? And is it your gym, or do you just train there?

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    1,118
    Style
    MMA and Luta Livre noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTTIPScom View Post
    Aww, I was so excited to read all of this (this is Shane, of fightTIPS). It's a bummer 4 of the 5 pages are two men arguing about their chests and heavy breathing :\
    Anyway, it's an honor to be back on the Bullshido forums! Thanks for all of your support. And remember, it's pretty easy to find me and my gym if any of you can borrow gas money off your parents and drive my way!
    Been googling yourself, eh?

    Well, here's a tip for you: if this thread has five pages for you, you're bullshidoing wrong.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    221
    Style
    Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I realize that not every good coach or trainer may be the best ever fighter. I mean, one of the best all time gymnastics instructors of women was a man.
    However, Shane really is stretching it.
    Not to be a bitch, but it's worth pointing out that a lot of WAG (Women's Artistic Gymnastics) coaches are men, but that's because the skill base of MAG (you can guess that one) is overwhelmingly similar
    so basically not even that argument helps Shane out

    FWIW I liked his video about overhand rights vs bigger guys, but that's mostly because I fucking love overhand rights because I'm a wannabe chuck liddell

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2
    Style
    Marine Corps Martial arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way I see it being effective as a hook would have to be to the ear or jaw. I personally like open hand strikes to the head but they are typically quick shots to disorient.

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Street
    Posts
    503
    Style
    Turkish oil wrestling
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Want a fighting tip? Just convert to Turkish Oil Wrestling for the Street is dark and full of terrors (I will burn your asshole btw if you wont - no homo)

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2
    Style
    Marine Corps Martial arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer to just get naked as quickly as possible. Nobody wants to fight a naked dude lol

  10. #60
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,138
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drmiller1990 View Post
    I prefer to just get naked as quickly as possible. Nobody wants to fight a naked dude lol
    Tell that to Dan Severn...

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in