Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 3:23am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!

FightTips with Shane Fazen

I don't know if you have seen this or not, but thought it's worth our while to look at this guy's "street fight" tips.

Here he basically advocates punching the thigh...yes the thigh
    (and balls of course). Saying that it will immobilize your opponent. It seems like he is searching for "new techniques" to justify his clips, i mean what is suddenly wrong with punching the body? And by doing so it misleads people to think that this is the best technique, or that it is even effective. (punching the thigh?? in a street fight?).

In this next video he is advocating the tip kick or push kick (fine by me), but than he said that leg (round house) kicks are ineffective and can be grabbed....so a push kick to the abdomen is not as likely to get grabbed but a low kick is??
    Again IMO in his efforts to stand out among the thousands of this videos he will basically say BS stuff.

He looks trained in MT or something, but he sells BS for some reason. Go figure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 5:15am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** is this? According to his channel page he is a pro MT fighter and a Golden Glove Boxer. What the hell is this ****? And why does he have a Street vs. MMA video. You would think that he would know better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 11:21am

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He studied MT for a while, fought in Thailand, I think once, maybe, and then decided to teach self defense for people who have an attention span that doesn't stretch longer than 5 minutes.

Dat knee jerk hook/uppercut, doe.

Posted On:
    1/08/2014 10:28am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even in that picture of himself punching (shirtless for some reason) he points with the finger knuckles ffs. He really is a piece of work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2014 7:18am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The way he teaches this bugs me. I was always told to sort of try to swing underneath the opponent for Tomoe Nage, I was told to definitely not simply flop to my back with a foot up the way he is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2014 8:46am

Style: Judo, Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He says the reason boxers exhale when punching is to make their punches faster? It's not to relax the diaphragm so that a counter to the body won't knock the wind out of you? Really?

Posted On:
    1/12/2014 4:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The concept of throwing an open handed hook to the head is weird to me (from the first video). I just always learned that you never punch someone in the face closed fist, but a closed fist to the body is fine. I get palms to the head or whatever but that doesn't seem to jive with a hook.

Is this something I'm totally unfamiliar with and should be, or is it a quirk of "street boxing" videos?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 5:36pm

Style: mt/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    In this next video he is advocating the tip kick or push kick (fine by me), but than he said that leg (round house) kicks are ineffective and can be grabbed....so a push kick to the abdomen is not as likely to get grabbed but a low kick is??
    In sparring I find the push kick a lot harder to grab then the round house. That's just me though

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pissed myself yesterday. In my car.

Any hotties DTF?

Posted On:
    1/22/2014 2:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    He says the reason boxers exhale when punching is to make their punches faster? It's not to relax the diaphragm so that a counter to the body won't knock the wind out of you? Really?
    So, on your home planet, the act of exhaling relaxes the diaphragm?

The diaphragmatic muscles can contract (to cause exhalation) and relax at the same time?

How many light-years away is this world of wonders?
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast