Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Bouncing tips

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bouncing tips

So, I was caught in what I can only describe as a club riot tonight. Hip hop night was awesome. The only dude we bounced surrendered immediately and walked out. No problems. One girl mentioned a weapon and took her drunk ass home. No problems there either.

Now, I don't know what happened in the club upstairs, which was basically pop night or some such, but I can only describe the aftermath as a small riot. The boss ordered me outside where we were told to disperse the club release crowds. Keep in mind that the police were only told to monitor reggae/hip hip night. Erm...

As we dispersed the crowd so, several patrons fled the club, fighting bouncers on the way out. I jumped in, chasing the men off the block, for reasons still unclear. Next thing I know, about 4 guys are fighting 20 bouncers and staff, one of them trying to handle the whole situation himself. Then a crew of about half a dozen forms up. At this point, the police show up with sirens blaring and lights flashing. So now, dudes are running into the street flipping off the police. The police keep rolling, except for the one cop who was moonlighting.

Now, I've got another crew forming up. Guy approaches and tells me I need to get the crew out of there before he kills them all, because his crew apparently goes into clubs and kills people. I hold my ground, send them away, send the one cop that stayed after that guy and then continue to run the rest of the aggressors off the block.

Does anyone with some experience have any feedback on that scenario? I hate fighting. Last time I got into a fight was '07. Tonight I got into about three fights, had no weapons and wasn't allowed to hit anyone.

How do not die?

Also, apparently the combat zone still exists.
    Last edited by The Villain; 6/26/2015 3:30am at .

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you need is a collection of shitty tribal tats and the willingness to flip out at the drop of a hat. Or you could just watch Roadhouse a few dozen times and take it from there.

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was gonna go with the kanji actually and perhaps a Wu Tang tattoo.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    I was gonna go with the kanji actually and perhaps a Wu Tang tattoo.
    Just get a tat of your GF's name and some barbed wire and you're golden. We'll let you bang bro. No worries!

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry.

I wish I could give you better advice than that but riots are just plain chaos. The only way to deal is to ride it out come what may, beat feet to safety or avoid it completely.

Numero tres being the most effective maybe coralling drunks should just be a transitory carrer stage for you?

At the end of the day though I think what we can really take from this is the confirmation of something we have all suspected at one time or another.

Pop music is indeed the downfall of western civilisation.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get separated. There is a tendency to run off in all directions and deal with everything at once. Instead gang up and win the fights you are engaged in.

Then just move through them in a riot style line. Push who you have to push. Bash who you have to bash.

Look out for the loose arm. The loose guy and the down guard.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Numero tres being the most effective maybe coralling drunks should just be a transitory carrer stage for you?
    It's a good fit for the current stage. I've basically transitioned out of teaching with a world of legal and personal drama, and need to transition into something that lets me utilize my education and build my resume. Gonna survive this bullshit and then, after a few years, turn around and sell practical martial arts, based on continued real world experience. My other thought was military, but I've made my way through gang wars and gong saus without killing anyone, so I don't see a reason to start. I don't mind deflecting violence against myself or others though.

I have a certain hunger for action that takes me to places like this, but a moral compass that doesn't allow me to kill people.

Pop music is indeed the downfall of western civilisation.
    Dude, not gonna lie, I might be racist towards blacks. I knew there'd be trouble, and figured it would start with the hip hop crowd. So did the managers, and the police. Fucking pop club started the riot.

Look out for the loose arm. The loose guy and the down guard.
    Good call.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really racist per say. Hip Hop is thematically more agressive and contentious than most generes of music so it's an easy assumption that the crowds will be agressive too. The thing is a lot of Hip Hop fans have some concept of honor and respect at some level. They also love their subculture and are defensive of venues where they can enjoy it.
    Top 40 Pop clubs on the other hand are a universal attractor for date rapists and failed date rapists turned street fighter out of sexual frustration and self loathing.
    It's a sad thing to see. The upside is you'll stand out like a super model to the female patrons if you treat them like a human being.

Good luck to you, brother!
    Don't let the hessians bring you down.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 6/26/2015 1:09pm at .

Style
    MCMAP, Judo, sex appeal
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a real job?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts, taught or applies IS my real job. I went to trade school for it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last