Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 6:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your Martial Art Sucks: Secret Ninja Ground Fighting

Your Martial Art Sucks: Secret Ninja Ground Fighting

0:24 - Apparently Secret Ninja Ground Fighting doesn’t work against Jiu Jitsu or Judo. Considering Judo and its derivative arts were Japanese based, who were these secret Ninja Ground Fighting designed to work against?

0:34 - Oh its your average street fighter, who I guess at this point out matched the Ninjutsu warrior enough to obtain full mount. Why are you studying this again?

0:55 - Striking up from under mount. Is that an eye gouge? I guess after covering once with a very small bridge, they are just going to stop long enough for you to reach up hit them in the face. Especially after they have your head pinned down with a rape choke.

1:07 - With his elbow completely flared out and away from his body, he has enough strength to pry his attacker’s rape choke away from his neck.

1:14 - Street Fighter's common technique is to keep their free hand on their hip as the ninja tries to chop them ineffectually in the neck.

1:18 - Well if the attacker is not bothering to punch you with that free hand I guess you can commit both hands to the wrist lock. Covering strikes is for people who aren’t wearing Tabi

1:23 - Head is completely exposed, Attacker has a free hand that could be used to punch or elbow the Ninja. Or if that Wrist/Shoulder is really is bothering them, they could just palm strike their way out of the lock or pin the locked arm with their body. Maybe the ninja is setting up some weird Bridge and Roll movement, using his hips?

1:24 - Nope. Also don’t get up.

1:45 - Play around with his arm, while the attacker just hangs out. Also keep striking him from the ground. He isn’t trying to get up or hit you back anyway.

1:51 - Any submission apply sharply and with a jerking motion breaks the limb

2:28 - More Eye Gouging, but don’t get up or get the advantageous position

2:39 - Things got serious…. Double Rape Choke

2:43 - Arms are always the strongest with your elbows flared out at 90 degree angles from your body. Ninja body mechanics are different than normal human ones.

2:50 - Did he just Pin the leg on the opposite side of the arm he is securing? Let’s see where this goes….

2:55 - See 1:07

2:59 - Pressure Point! 1 Ninja term away from Ninja Bingo…..

3:05 - ****! He just tosses him off like a rag doll. Don’t worry about basing with the other hand, he just tosses him through his base hand.

3:12 - Don’t worry, he’ll stay face down in the street while you play with his arm some more.

3:26 - See 1:51

3:35 - See 0:55

3:49 - All attackers that have you fully mounted and are choking the life out of you will let go once you hit them from your vastly inferior position.

3:53 - Oh, if they are still choking you , you just keep hitting. Might as well, you are about to go unconscious and its not like your Ninjutsu is helping you at all.

3:59 - More eye gouging, countered by the human reflex of closing your fucking eye when you see a finger near it.

4:05 - Eyeball Juice?

4:24 - The technique apparently only “works” if you get the attacker to release the choke. Which is only accomplished by striking up from under mount.

4:33 - Putting your leg in a position to get up is too hard. Just lay the **** down and put your leg out there, you are about to die anyway.

4:40 - Getting the guy trying to choke the life out of you, off of you is optional.
    Last edited by Plasma; 1/10/2014 4:23pm at .

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, at about 1:16 I literally said pffft, Jesus Christ out loud. I was expecting him to swim up, push uke's arm across his body, wrap the head, and go for a roll. A bit of a hey-presto move, but I see how you might think it's plausible if you don't train much. Instead he goes for something that just beggar's belief.

Just what is he trying to do there?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something I don't get about ninjers is that they try to be ninjas. That's a weird thing to me. If you want to know the martial arts they used do some legit ko-ryu ju jutsu and weapons from around the era that feudal Japan was using a lot of espionage, irregular warfare etc. That's probably about right, if you want to learn what are essentially military skills of infiltration and irregular warfare then join the military and work your way into a unit that uses them. If you want to learn about deception buy one of the many excellent books by psychologists, magicians, LEOs and reformed criminals. There are even wilderness survival schools that will teach mantracking and camouflage and stalking methods. Basically it's all out there but fit for modern use.

I don't mean that as a derail, it's just something I've been meaning to say in a ninja thread.

About the video though, doesn't the booj claim a direct lineage to real ninja and samurai times? So this direct line of instruction in methods for use in warfare against the Japanese military elite is only effective against the average street fighter?

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cereus View Post
    Something I don't get about ninjers is that they try to be ninjas.
    Some people want to be ninjas because that's what they find fun. Some people re-enact civil wars, some dress as jedi, others play tennis. Good for them.

That's fine. When you start saying that this is how to deal with someone sitting on your chest and punching you though, that's a different story. Especially when this is a well understood part of fighting/defense that you can easily get good instruction in. (I mean well understood compared to stuff like multiple opponent, weapons vs empty hand, or staying out of danger in the first place. Those are hard.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 6:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get me wrong I have nothing against larping at all. Pretending to be something you are not for fun, with the full knowledge that you are not what you are pretending to be, is actually all good fun in my book. I was a table top rpg player for several years and we took the "acting" element fairly seriously. What I don't get is when someone, in all seriousness, wants to develop the skills of an antiquated military class for modern use in a non larping setting. i.e. for, ostensibly, real world self defense.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 1:47am

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it all breaks down to how one brings him/herself into their training. If you want to be a ninja, you'll seek out a ninja to train you. The problem, at least from how I perceive it, is that ninjutsu is so thoroughly saturated with delusional LARPers, scammers and outright bullshit that prospective students can't separate the bad from the useful. They usually end up just going with whichever school/teacher seems the most "ninja-like".

Here's an example. I took a look at ninjutsu.com which is run by Richard Van Donk. According to his bio, he is 10th Dan in ninjutsu/a 15th Dan in Budo Taijutsu, each originating out of the Bujinkan. His bio has a host of other titles and ranks as well. Someone who really wants to be a ninja who looked through this site would be saying, "wow, a real ninja" and most likely pursue training. What caught my eye was his Black Belt Home Study Course. A home study course for ninjutsu? You bet! You can get real ninja training from a real ninja and do it in the privacy of your own home. Who could pass that up??

Now, I don't know Van Donk or much about him. I have no idea how legit of a martial artist he is but his website is symptomatic of the problem: the flash, pizzazz and razz-ma-tazz surrounding ninjutsu. He's presenting an image that I'm sure he knows that will attract many people whose idea of ninjas comes from their LARPing and RPG adventures.
    Last edited by FinalLegion; 1/07/2014 2:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 9:22pm

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why they don't just go to a MMA gym and prove that their **** is real once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacies of the Sword by Karl Friday

Under Kunii Zenya and his forebears, promotion in rank normally involved a combination of demonstrated ability in formal practice exercises, aptitude for further advance, and successful participation in duels and matches with adepts from other schools (taryu-jiai). In general, Kunii demanded that his students defeat opponents with at least one and a half times their experience. But because these matches, conducted without rules and without referees, often resulted in the serious injury or even death of one of the participants, the Japanese government took steps to eliminate them in the late 1960s. Seki Humitake thereby replaced taryu-jiai with more extensive formal-exercise testing and with written exams. The latter cannot, of course, predict a student's ability in actual combat, but Seki believes that they at least ensure that the student thoroughly understands ryuha principles. If, in other words, the new testing system does not guarantee that new generations of students can actually fight, it does maintain/vouch their ability to train students who can, should taryu-jiai ever again become a regular practice in Japan.

[...] contests between practitioners from different schools (taryu-jiai) became frowned upon by both the government and many of the ryuha themselves.

One result of these developments was a rapid proliferation of new ryuha, spurred at least in part by the disappearing need for ''masters" to prove their skills in public combat. A second was a tendency for ryuha, their kabala no longer subject to continual polishing and refinement through exposure to that of other schools, to become introverted in their training and outlook.

Under such conditions, kata came to assume an enlarged role in the teaching and learning process. For new generations of first students and then teachers who had never known combat, pattern practice became their only exposure to martial skills. As instructors slipped further and further away from battlefield and dueling experience, and as evaluation of student progress came to be based on performance in pattern practice alone, it became increasingly difficult to determine whether or not studentsor even their teachersactually understood the kata they were performing. In some schools, skill in pattern practice became an end in and of itself. Kata grew showier and more stylized, while trainees danced their way through them with little attempt to internalize anything but the outward form.

Posted On:
    1/08/2014 12:26am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Bunjinkan, the biggest Japanese circle jerk outside of a Bukake film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2014 2:43am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    The Bunjinkan, the biggest Japanese circle jerk outside of a Bukake film.
    How dare you sully the timeless artistic tradition of Bukake by comparing it to the Buninkan!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2014 7:11am

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    I don't know why they don't just go to a MMA gym and prove that their **** is real once and for all.
    For the same reason faith healers don't go to to children's hospitals and cure all the sick kids.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast