Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910

Style
    Yagyu Shinkage Ryu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I love a good scrap, I'm glad the days of enforcers are over. Those poor guys pay such an insane price just to stay in the game, and Boogaard is just one example.

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/quickhit...scott-all-star

John Scott the goon gets voted to the All-Star game ?
    What a joke...and now some young, deserving up and comer like Shane Gostisbehere won't get the nod.
    The NHL All-Star game is a joke to begin with, this kind of thing makes it even more of a joke.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie88 View Post
    As much as I love a good scrap, I'm glad the days of enforcers are over. Those poor guys pay such an insane price just to stay in the game, and Boogaard is just one example.
    I agree that one-dimensional enforcers have no place anymore; the league is much better off with players on the ice who can still keep up with the tempo of today's game and have a decent skillset in addition to being able to fight. I will miss guys like Colton Orr and Jody Shelley though... they always added a bit of fear to a team's lineup.
    Guys like Wayne Simmonds, Milan Lucic ( even though he is a goof, he can play the game) and others can put up points but still hold others accountable for their actions on the ice and take care of themselves.
    Besides, teams can just keep their AHL affiliates stocked with a few goons to call up when necessary lol
    The AHL is already a league stocked with lots of goons anyways.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admit that the John Scott-at-the-All-Star-Game-thing turned out for the better.
    Scott's presence really helped the event out and the 3 on 3 format actually made the games very exciting and fun to watch.
    Good for him, and the other other players showed their appreciation for Scott's brand of player through their enthusiastic support.
    I can't remember the last time that I actually enjoyed watching an All-Star Game, but it was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Decent playoff scrap...

Style
    Short Fist Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really noticed the drop-off in number of fights this season. The enforcer is all but extinct and the concussion lawsuits/controversy is all but ensuring that fighting is on its way out of the game. By 'out of the game' I mean within the next five seasons or so fighting will end up being an automatic ejection instead of a five-minute major.
    This is both good and bad, but the noise surrounding hockey fighting and its connection to permanent brain trauma isn't quieting and there are a lot of people, including reputable physicians, backing the push to ban fighting outright this time.

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910