Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/04/2014 10:55pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rolling Inverted Kneebar

Plasma bribed me to come in here and share, so I figured I would put this video up. I shot it a few months ago (last one in our old gym too). Enjoy ;) Back to the shadows....

One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 7:31am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, welcome back to the AG Forum Steve. To have someone of your experience posting technique is a real plus for Bullshido’s Grapplers.

That is really an interesting entry to an inverted kneebar from an inside trip (looked like a modified Ko Uchi Gari). I am guessing between the takedown momentum and the hook on the ankle that is what is bringing the opponent over into that position. Is that giving the uke more chance to attempt to separate and shed the hook? Originally I was thinking that you were going to Ko Uchi Gari into the inverted Kneebar and finish from the top. Is the roll an option when there is too much forward momentum to stop in the inverted kneebar position and use the roll to maintain the relative position?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 12:54pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm starting to think we should have a featured technique section appearing on the front page.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/05/2014 7:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plasma, depending on the momentum and your grip on his leg, he may keep rolling and end up in turtle, in which case you have one hook in and you can take his back. But, if you come out of the initial roll really locked down on the leg, it is much harder for him to keep rolling.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 3:58am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotta approve, I managed to pull this in sparring tonight as my partner tried to regain their feet from guard. Although this did happen on my first attempt:

Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    [...]depending on the momentum and your grip on his leg, he may keep rolling and end up in turtle[...]

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/08/2014 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Gotta approve, I managed to pull this in sparring tonight as my partner tried to regain their feet from guard. Although this did happen on my first attempt:
    Sweet!!