233366 Bullies, 3789 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Stickybomb is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    513

    Posted On:
    1/04/2014 4:36pm


     Style: judo, -noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    people believe that the government is meant to provide for them.
    Sorry, has the function of government changed? I mean I know that I finding job, getting educated,... is in my hands but...

    Keeping law and order, protecting national economy healthy (and thus enabling people to find jobs and have sufficient standard or start their own business), keeping people out of pointless wars,.... Isn't that providing for us to some basic degree? Isn't that why we have governments and aren't those their primary functions?
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 1/04/2014 4:42pm at .
  2. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,208

    Posted On:
    1/04/2014 5:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Keeping law and order, protecting national economy healthy (and thus enabling people to find jobs and have sufficient standard or start their own business), keeping people out of pointless wars,.... Isn't that providing for us to some basic degree? Isn't that why we have governments and aren't those their primary functions?
    Yes, the government is, after all, responsible for establishing justice. insuring domestic tranquility, and providing for the common defense. As for keeping us out of pointless wars, that would be (probably already is) another thread. I was just taking ritualistic my left-handed swipe at entitlement programs; you gotta keep me in check.

    My point was that people believe in a variety of things that I don't and I try to be realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Keeping law and order, protecting national economy healthy (and thus enabling people to find jobs and have sufficient standard or start their own business), keeping people out of pointless wars,.... Isn't that providing for us to some basic degree? Isn't that why we have governments and aren't those their primary functions?
    Yes, the government is, after all, responsible for establishing justice. insuring domestic tranquility, and providing for the common defense. As for keeping us out of pointless wars, that would be (probably already is) another thread. I was just taking ritualistic my left-handed swipe at entitlement programs; you gotta keep me in check.

    My point was that people believe in a variety of things that I don't and I try to be realistic.
  3. Stickybomb is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    513

    Posted On:
    1/04/2014 5:56pm


     Style: judo, -noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew I knew, but somewhere down I'm just a troll who can't help himself sometimes :-).


    ...and yeah, it seems that more and more governments follow the 'We don't need to do shi+ but pillage and burn, get as much b00ty as possible and let the lower primates squabble over remains' principle.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 1/04/2014 6:09pm at .
  4. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    1/05/2014 3:48pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Stalin had to use more blunt force to secure his position in the saddle.
    Results speak for themselves. Stalin's body-count is higher than Hitler's and he was in power longer. Brute force, therefore, trumps populism.

    The problem is that times of crisis are ripe for something similar to happen again. I mean pestilential populists in charge of whole nations.
    How is this a problem? /Darwin

    Not another world war. Not necessarily. If that would happen it would really be for the last time.
    All that wold remain to be seen is whether the survivors are cockroaches of the two-legged or the six-legged variety.
  5. Stickybomb is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    513

    Posted On:
    1/05/2014 4:06pm


     Style: judo, -noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only reason because Stalin's bodycount is higher (- if it is, it's hard to tell but that would make him no less of one of the worst bloodthirsty tyrants of the past century and history in general) is because he was alive longer. The fact he remained alive longer was that he knew, that one nation cannot conquer the world with an allay or two although being as big as Russia. Brutal sadist therefore beats batshit insane lunatic (really, read Mein Kampf) posing behind the mask of a well-spoken gentleman when necessary.

    I think that right wing is fond of the natural selection. That's why local more extreme prone right wingers amuse me to death. The natural selection removed their predecessors. Now they're all whiny about it and some demand or quietly dream of another war and fill their little heads with visions of great deeds they shall accomplish. What they fail to spot is that so much hatred, bigotry and eugenic based attitude is doomed to fail. Therefore sh+t happens = Darwin again.

    There actually are some more creatures that are not affected by radiation. Rats for example are amongst those who would inherit earth.

    I don't know, I'd rather see that we'd all tune it down a bit, got our economy in order and live to tell the tale :-). Two world wars and two global economic depressions in such a short timespan are a bit enough. Still it seems that no one really learned anything from those lessons.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 1/05/2014 4:18pm at .
  6. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    1/05/2014 4:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    ...hatred, bigotry and eugenic based attitude is doomed to fail.
    See below.

    There actually are some more creatures that are not affected by radiation. Rats for example are amongst those who would inherit earth.
    Same question applies: bipeds or quadrupeds?

    Two world wars and two global economic depressions in such a short timespan are a bit enough. Still it seems that no one really learned anything from those lessons.
    But didn't you write that hatred, bigotry and so on are doomed to fail? Have a look...everywhere from Zimbabwe to South Sudan to the newly-nascent blood-and-soil tribalisms of post-cold-war Eastern Europe. If what you say is correct, then shouldn't they--and other such examples worldwide--have "failed" by now?

    Bottom line? You'll never lose H8. Never. That being the case, the most effective realpolitik is to learn to do it well.
  7. Eddie Hardon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,502

    Posted On:
    1/06/2014 3:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stickybomb

    I refer you to Simon Sebag-Montefiore's 2 books on Stalin. You shall find them quite enlightening. He truly was an Evil Person. Quite breathtaking and his malice truly astonishing.
  8. Stickybomb is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    513

    Posted On:
    1/09/2014 12:56pm


     Style: judo, -noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pretty much know all that, I'm simply exposing the fun fact, that as much as some people are trying to rehab Hitler with holocaust denying,... in favour of right - wing ideals some are also trying to rehab the little pox-scarred Georgian (I have read much from gulag survivors, his hunger games (let's just take this nation's food supplies style) and desire, to kick some child to death from time to time - I hope this was exaggerated but I wouldn't be surprised, if it wasn't).

    Both sides amuse me to death.

    The historians pretty much gave up on estimating the death-count of Stalin's reign, but even if the fact that that it's lesser than attributed because the west was trying to make him look even worse, it's not significantly lower than the proximal numbers that stand. But it may be higher.
    Plus he had some fun plans for Europe...
    Than again, Hitler did too.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 1/09/2014 1:20pm at .
  9. Stickybomb is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    513

    Posted On:
    1/09/2014 3:57pm


     Style: judo, -noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for my eNgRiSh again, it's not the best idea to try and write anything coherent in foreign language (even as familiar as EnGrIsH) while exhausted and with autocorrect off. Off to bed.
  10. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    1/10/2014 12:49pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Sorry for my eNgRiSh again, it's not the best idea to try and write anything coherent in foreign language (even as familiar as EnGrIsH) while exhausted and with autocorrect off. Off to bed.
    Just down several goodly measures of Pappy Van Winkle before attempting to type anything in English.

    Works for me....maybe.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.