Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2014 8:56pm

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post

-sipa: intercept with the sole of the foot to the shin
    How does one do that? I mean, the attacker has already lifted their leg to kick, how do you get your own sole higher than theirs?

BTW, in Filipino sipa means kick, nothing else. More of a roundhouse or flicking kick. 'Tadyak' on the other hand, is a stomping action, e.g. a teep. The oblique kick is more of a tadyak.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    1/19/2014 1:35am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    I recall this being a staple of KK (and the reason there's so much hard-conditioning and pain-endurance work as a regular component of KK training). It's supposed to make you very damaging and painful for anyone to hit, just in case your other defenses are ever breached.

If a person is in a job dealing with the possibility of multiple belligerents, it can be a very useful capacity.
    I think they call them destructions in FMA and JKD, which I always thought was a hardcore name. It's an easy body of technique to overlook, since pads will mitigate their effects. It doesn't matter whether you block a straight right with your forearm or the point of your elbow when the other guy has gloves on.
    The chasse, hitting with an unpadded part of the foot, is quite vulnerable to this. I got my foot spiked on knees a few times sparring the other day, and it made me a lot more hesitant to throw them.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    1/19/2014 3:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I think they call them destructions in FMA and JKD, which I always thought was a hardcore name. It's an easy body of technique to overlook, since pads will mitigate their effects. It doesn't matter whether you block a straight right with your forearm or the point of your elbow when the other guy has gloves on.
    The chasse, hitting with an unpadded part of the foot, is quite vulnerable to this. I got my foot spiked on knees a few times sparring the other day, and it made me a lot more hesitant to throw them.
    "Destructions."

Hmmm. Time for a style-field name change?

Couldn't be any more...um, brilliant...than that one I saw a couple of years back on this forum:

"OWNAGE."

Yep, all-caps.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/03/2014 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We love this kick in my style/school. For us it's the peet cha gi, or diagonal kick. Plenty of good stuff has been said about it, though I would add that if you work it a bit you can use it to good effect against the ribs, so the defense is naturally just a good rib cover with your elbows. Also, you can throw this to the outside of the knee if you work angles and circle out, so be wary of this against your low targets. Pretty much the same defense as against the thigh kick here, lift your leg. You can also try to angle your knee to take it straight, which is a quick counter, but a little harder and riskier. Next to front, round, and side kicks, this might be the one I throw the most.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12