Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/24/2013 12:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/boxing/wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

substitute filler for my punching bag

So lately I've stopped using my punching bag much because the filling inside is getting goofy. The cotton waste is developing these hard spots somehow, and the sand in the botton takes up about 1/3 of the bag too, so I can't really punch it. I've tried moving the cotton around, but it doesn't help.

I've been thinking of emptying the bag, putting in a heavy garbage bag and filling it with sawdust. I suspect that will be just as hard though. Anyone have a similar experience?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/26/2013 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by didymus View Post
    So lately I've stopped using my punching bag much because the filling inside is getting goofy. The cotton waste is developing these hard spots somehow, and the sand in the botton takes up about 1/3 of the bag too, so I can't really punch it. I've tried moving the cotton around, but it doesn't help.

I've been thinking of emptying the bag, putting in a heavy garbage bag and filling it with sawdust. I suspect that will be just as hard though. Anyone have a similar experience?
    Yeah, that happens to most bags. Except for the ones filled with rubber scraps. I just take mine down after use. But when it gets bad like that you have to leave it laying sideways and try to beat the stuffing around for a few weeks. It will take a while.

I've never heard of anyone having a good result after filling their bag by themselves. It always turns out shitty.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/26/2013 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/boxing/wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...a good excuse to practice my ground and pound then lol!