Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2013 4:52pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure that if he decides to come back, it'll be to face a high ranked, big name opponent who isn't Chris Weidman or an immediate contender. My guess would be someone like Michael Bisping. Then he can ride off into the sunset with a win.

But holy ****, the fact that the recovery is only about six months is amazing to me. I guess because they operated immediately after the fight with top notch medical care access?

Posted On:
    12/30/2013 5:01pm

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I personally love Rousey but she's picked up a number of keyboard warrior haters over her dickish personality on TUF this year, so another armbar Victory for her's bound to sadden many people. I just don't think it was a necessary fight to begin with, her superiority over Tate had already been established in their last fight and this one really did not tell us much that we did not already know.
    Maybe it didn't tell those of us who've been following her for a while anything new, but more casual people who label her a "one trick pony" and thought she wasn't able to fight past the first round got to see a good many more tricks and a decent gas tank. Some people have said that she gassed a bit but I really didn't see her slow down much, she just kept countering Tate's idiot attempts to take her down with gorgeous high-amplitude throws. We saw a couple of triangles in addition to the armbars, was there an ude-garami and an arm triangle attempt in there too? Thought I saw both of those. In addition to that she out-struck Tate, showed a much improved G&P, showed some elbows from the bottom - she's learning quick.

Posted On:
    12/30/2013 5:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's about average for a broken leg. But I would think it may depend on how they fixed his leg. He may have to have a later separate surgery to remove pins if he plans on fighting again since any internal pins would make professional fighting somewhat difficult due to the impact nature of the sport.

Posted On:
    12/30/2013 6:19pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    I'm sure that if he decides to come back, it'll be to face a high ranked, big name opponent who isn't Chris Weidman or an immediate contender. My guess would be someone like Michael Bisping. Then he can ride off into the sunset with a win.

But holy ****, the fact that the recovery is only about six months is amazing to me. I guess because they operated immediately after the fight with top notch medical care access?
    Only fight I want him to come back to have, really. His leg is snapped in half, it will take extensive rehab and surgery for him to even walk normally Again and his training will be set back years while recovering. He will never fight for the title Again. Bisping should be manageable for him, though, and WHO doesn't want to see Bisping eating 6000 unanswered knees to the face?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2013 10:16am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Only fight I want him to come back to have, really. His leg is snapped in half, it will take extensive rehab and surgery for him to even walk normally Again and his training will be set back years while recovering. He will never fight for the title Again. Bisping should be manageable for him, though, and WHO doesn't want to see Bisping eating 6000 unanswered knees to the face?
    Me! Bisping is one of my favorite personalities in the UFC today. He serves a very good purpose.

Posted On:
    12/31/2013 1:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Minor points.

The practice of immediate re-matches is to control the Belt and was a feature of the shady days of 1950s boxing with Frankie Carbo and Jim Norris' IBC. In this case, it's different. Everyone wanted to see Silva PERFORM against Weidmann as he'd been caught out last time - and everyone saw it.

I knew of the break as it popped up on FB. I'd seen exactly the same some years ago in the early British equivalent of the Cage. Squirm? Jesus! It was awful. Silva is definitely out for a year and then has to overcome the psychological effect. In the UK, John Conteh (WBC LH Champ) could never throw his Right Hand after he'd returned from breaking it. You could see him to start to throw it and then check himself.

Thanks for upload of Bas Rutten's explanation. Great Vid. I avoid bone-on-bone as it's effing painful.

Chris Leben was quite reasonable not to say "wise" in stopping. No shame there. He realised he'd been KO'd and was likely concussed. It's happened to Dempsey, Louis and more who fought on because they had no awareness that they'd been 'out'. Dempsey once woke up in his bed and went down to get a newspaper to find out if he'd won. In another one (Firpo) he was in the corner and asked what Round he got KO'd in only to be sent out to finish Firpo. Louis once remarked that he was knocked 'cold' but was 'straightened up again' by another punch that brought him back to consciousness. Medics are far more aware of Brain injury owing to non-invasive scanners than in earlier years.

Ronda displayed great skills with terrific Throws. I thought Miesha put up a a great performance. The only thing that I didn't like is that Ronda rejected the appeal of Miesha's hand after the finish. The crowd clearly deplored that lack of sportsmanship.

They've both got pretty ankles, as well.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 12/31/2013 1:47pm at . Reason: typo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2013 9:33pm

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Ken's thoughts on the oucome of SIlva vs Weidman 2

:)

Posted On:
    12/31/2013 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    The only thing that I didn't like is that Ronda rejected the appeal of Miesha's hand after the finish. The crowd clearly deplored that lack of sportsmanship.
    She explained that she respects her fight game, but doesn't forgive the personal stuff that went on between them. Would it have been better to give her a **** eating fake shake? No it wouldn't.

RR doesn't want to BS though her moment of celebrity and success. I admire that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2013 11:57pm

Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I meant to up vote that. Sorry.

Posted On:
    1/01/2014 6:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    She explained that she respects her fight game, but doesn't forgive the personal stuff that went on between them. Would it have been better to give her a **** eating fake shake? No it wouldn't.

RR doesn't want to BS though her moment of celebrity and success. I admire that.
    Thanks Bob, I didn't see any of that cos we don't see it all in Olde London Towne but I don't watch preambles anyway. I've seen Ronda say that there were personal attacks; that is to say that I've seen a post-fight interview so I suppose that's far enough.

Sometimes though, it all seems such a 'drama': which usually prompts me to yawn and change the channel. :-)
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast