Page 9 of 14 First ... 5678910111213 ... Last
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    658
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure that if he decides to come back, it'll be to face a high ranked, big name opponent who isn't Chris Weidman or an immediate contender. My guess would be someone like Michael Bisping. Then he can ride off into the sunset with a win.

    But holy ****, the fact that the recovery is only about six months is amazing to me. I guess because they operated immediately after the fight with top notch medical care access?

  2. #82
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,517
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I personally love Rousey but she's picked up a number of keyboard warrior haters over her dickish personality on TUF this year, so another armbar Victory for her's bound to sadden many people. I just don't think it was a necessary fight to begin with, her superiority over Tate had already been established in their last fight and this one really did not tell us much that we did not already know.
    Maybe it didn't tell those of us who've been following her for a while anything new, but more casual people who label her a "one trick pony" and thought she wasn't able to fight past the first round got to see a good many more tricks and a decent gas tank. Some people have said that she gassed a bit but I really didn't see her slow down much, she just kept countering Tate's idiot attempts to take her down with gorgeous high-amplitude throws. We saw a couple of triangles in addition to the armbars, was there an ude-garami and an arm triangle attempt in there too? Thought I saw both of those. In addition to that she out-struck Tate, showed a much improved G&P, showed some elbows from the bottom - she's learning quick.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,578
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's about average for a broken leg. But I would think it may depend on how they fixed his leg. He may have to have a later separate surgery to remove pins if he plans on fighting again since any internal pins would make professional fighting somewhat difficult due to the impact nature of the sport.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,487
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    I'm sure that if he decides to come back, it'll be to face a high ranked, big name opponent who isn't Chris Weidman or an immediate contender. My guess would be someone like Michael Bisping. Then he can ride off into the sunset with a win.

    But holy ****, the fact that the recovery is only about six months is amazing to me. I guess because they operated immediately after the fight with top notch medical care access?
    Only fight I want him to come back to have, really. His leg is snapped in half, it will take extensive rehab and surgery for him to even walk normally Again and his training will be set back years while recovering. He will never fight for the title Again. Bisping should be manageable for him, though, and WHO doesn't want to see Bisping eating 6000 unanswered knees to the face?

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lewisville TX
    Posts
    611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Only fight I want him to come back to have, really. His leg is snapped in half, it will take extensive rehab and surgery for him to even walk normally Again and his training will be set back years while recovering. He will never fight for the title Again. Bisping should be manageable for him, though, and WHO doesn't want to see Bisping eating 6000 unanswered knees to the face?
    Me! Bisping is one of my favorite personalities in the UFC today. He serves a very good purpose.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,535
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Minor points.

    The practice of immediate re-matches is to control the Belt and was a feature of the shady days of 1950s boxing with Frankie Carbo and Jim Norris' IBC. In this case, it's different. Everyone wanted to see Silva PERFORM against Weidmann as he'd been caught out last time - and everyone saw it.

    I knew of the break as it popped up on FB. I'd seen exactly the same some years ago in the early British equivalent of the Cage. Squirm? Jesus! It was awful. Silva is definitely out for a year and then has to overcome the psychological effect. In the UK, John Conteh (WBC LH Champ) could never throw his Right Hand after he'd returned from breaking it. You could see him to start to throw it and then check himself.

    Thanks for upload of Bas Rutten's explanation. Great Vid. I avoid bone-on-bone as it's effing painful.

    Chris Leben was quite reasonable not to say "wise" in stopping. No shame there. He realised he'd been KO'd and was likely concussed. It's happened to Dempsey, Louis and more who fought on because they had no awareness that they'd been 'out'. Dempsey once woke up in his bed and went down to get a newspaper to find out if he'd won. In another one (Firpo) he was in the corner and asked what Round he got KO'd in only to be sent out to finish Firpo. Louis once remarked that he was knocked 'cold' but was 'straightened up again' by another punch that brought him back to consciousness. Medics are far more aware of Brain injury owing to non-invasive scanners than in earlier years.

    Ronda displayed great skills with terrific Throws. I thought Miesha put up a a great performance. The only thing that I didn't like is that Ronda rejected the appeal of Miesha's hand after the finish. The crowd clearly deplored that lack of sportsmanship.

    They've both got pretty ankles, as well.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 12/31/2013 1:47pm at . Reason: typo

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    73
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Ken's thoughts on the oucome of SIlva vs Weidman 2

  8. #88
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,058
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    The only thing that I didn't like is that Ronda rejected the appeal of Miesha's hand after the finish. The crowd clearly deplored that lack of sportsmanship.
    She explained that she respects her fight game, but doesn't forgive the personal stuff that went on between them. Would it have been better to give her a **** eating fake shake? No it wouldn't.

    RR doesn't want to BS though her moment of celebrity and success. I admire that.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    402
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I meant to up vote that. Sorry.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,535
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    She explained that she respects her fight game, but doesn't forgive the personal stuff that went on between them. Would it have been better to give her a **** eating fake shake? No it wouldn't.

    RR doesn't want to BS though her moment of celebrity and success. I admire that.
    Thanks Bob, I didn't see any of that cos we don't see it all in Olde London Towne but I don't watch preambles anyway. I've seen Ronda say that there were personal attacks; that is to say that I've seen a post-fight interview so I suppose that's far enough.

    Sometimes though, it all seems such a 'drama': which usually prompts me to yawn and change the channel. :-)

Page 9 of 14 First ... 5678910111213 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO