230746 Bullies, 3829 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:05pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if Silva had spontaneously combusted walking to the ring, Weidman would have claimed to have been working on his psionic abilities before the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    Go to youtube and search for muay thai broken leg. It's not as rare as you are trying to make it out to be.

For instance;

About a half dozen videos on YouTube. It is NOT a common occurrence.

:)

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Muay Thai fighters commonly attempt to block inside leg kicks with their knee. It's not all shin checks. You are being told this. Where's Alex? Break it down a fraction, Kiwi.

Turning the hip while kicking, in addition to adding power, ensures you won't land with the flat part of the shin. This is especially true if one's opponent is checking inside kicks in this manner.

Anderson made a mistake against a solid kick defense, and paid for it with the rest of his career. It's very tragic, and the result usually isn't this bad, but it is a common technique in the skill set.

Props to Weidman for closing his gaps. If Fedor had become kickboxing Fedor two fights sooner, Werdum might have been the only guy to best him, before heading off into the sunset. The king is dead, long live the king.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 12/29/2013 3:16pm at .

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:16pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am aware. Fight ending injuries are just not especially common from that.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:27pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the Rousey/Tate fight. Rousey showed she has the goods. She ate real shots and came forward, landed a bunch of beautiful takedowns, and once again peeled off an arm to take the win.

She is raising the bar for all mma fighters with these takedowns IMO. She's landing in great position, because of the nature of the techniques she employs. I'm a layman, but surely landing in side control is better than what you likely get from a single or double leg, and no opportunity for a guillotine.

By the top of the 3rd round, it was like a sparring session gone bad. Tate was done before she was done. I pity her ribs, from those throws.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:36pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    And if Silva had spontaneously combusted walking to the ring, Weidman would have claimed to have been working on his psionic abilities before the fight.

You said it was less than one in a million.

The fact here is that Weidman specifically trained in this defense. Did he plan on breaking Silva's leg? Of course not, but you cannot say that he did not execute his defense perfectly or that this is an extremely rare occurrence like you are trying to claim. I'm not saying it is common, I'm saying it's not as rare as you tried to make it out to be.

And it's more than 6 videos on youtube. I can generate dozens of stories and videos if you like. That was just a demonstration. Try this one, where it happens in both fights on the card in a single night. According to your claims, that's a one in a quadrillion event.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/2...140649993.html
    Last edited by kamadul; 12/29/2013 3:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:39pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    On the Rousey/Tate fight. Rousey showed she has the goods. She ate real shots and came forward, landed a bunch of beautiful takedowns, and once again peeled off an arm to take the win.

She is raising the bar for all mma fighters with these takedowns IMO. She's landing in great position, because of the nature of the techniques she employs. I'm a layman, but surely landing in side control is better than what you likely get from a single or double leg, and no opportunity for a guillotine.

By the top of the 3rd round, it was like a sparring session gone bad. Tate was done before she was done. I pity her ribs, from those throws.
    I once spoke with a man who was one of Ronda's strength and conditioning coaches for Team USA. He said Ronda was the one of the very few people that he could never break in training. He said that you would have to literally kill her before she would have quit.
    Last edited by kamadul; 12/29/2013 3:52pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 3:55pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What surprised me the most was Tate's repeated clinching. I'm sure she knew better than that but I think Rousey hurt her with punches. Rousey's striking forced her into desperation mode and it was all over from there.

At least that's how it seemed to me. Surely her gameplan couldn't have been that fucking retarded.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 4:03pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    I once spoke with a man who was one of Ronda's strength and conditioning coaches for Team USA. He said Ronda was the one of the very few people that he could never break in training. He said that you would have to literally kill her before she would have quit.
    Some rare souls are just competing with their own unrealistic expectations for themselves. GSP, Anderson, and RR are three examples in this sport.

RR is the daughter of a champion Judoka, and lives and breathes this stuff. This is a very exciting time for mma. The bar is being raised.

More Olympians competing in mma, speeds up mma's eventual introduction into the Olympics. The worlds fastest growing sport is on it's way up, and pure athletes training these techniques from an early age is going to raise the bar so high, we can hardly imagine.

Her next fight is against another Olympian in silver medalist Sarah McMann, in Feb. Totally cool.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 4:08pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    What surprised me the most was Tate's repeated clinching. I'm sure she knew better than that but I think Rousey hurt her with punches. Rousey's striking forced her into desperation mode and it was all over from there.

At least that's how it seemed to me. Surely her gameplan couldn't have been that fucking retarded.
    Rhonda showed she can throw leather, and move forward, in addition to win in the clinch, and land beautiful throws/slams. One of those throws, was more of a whipping slam to my eyes.

You could see her setting it up, in the clinch, waiting for her weight to move the right way, and BAM. Top level technique. It reminded me of Daniel Cormier tying up Roy Nelson a couple of times with some standing side lock. Technique honed to the point of near perfection.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 4:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    and pure athletes training these techniques from an early age is going to raise the bar so high, we can hardly imagine.
    I always think that to myself when I am at my gym. I see young kids training extremely hard and wonder what MMA is going to look like in another 20 years when all of the athletes have been doing MMA since kindergarten.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast