Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I You don't strategize around hurting your opponents with your kick checks.
    They literally did. Not that they counted on it, but Weidman stated he'd been hurt in their first fight by low kicks. He said he trained hard to check them against good kickers in camp, and that if Silva caught the knee, he'd thought it might hurt him.

Anderson, for whatever reason, didn't turn the hip on that last inside kick. Poor technique in the heat of the moment as much as a freak occurrence. Very sad.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:26pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    Deserve has nothing to do with it.
    I do think deserve has something to do with it and I think the sport will be in serious trouble if it ever ceases to have something to do with it. Deserving is a subjective concept though. I'm sure some people thought Miesha Tate deserved this title shot based on how good her ass looks in shorts or how easily her arm bends in unnatural directions. I did not.

Regardless of your opinions about how the matchmaking process should work, it's petty as **** to center the rallying cry of fairness around the selection of Anderson Silva for a title shot. Of all people, that's who we're going to nitpick? Nah, **** that.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Regardless of your opinions about how the matchmaking process should work, it's petty as **** to center the rallying cry of fairness around the selection of Anderson Silva for a title shot. Of all people, that's who we're going to nitpick? Nah, **** that.
    You're actually agreeing that this fight was undeserved, aren't you?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:33pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    You're actually agreeing that this fight was undeserved, aren't you?
    Your reading comprehension is apparently as jacked up as your sense of fairness when it comes to matchmaking.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:33pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    They literally did. Not that they counted on it, but Weidman stated he'd been hurt in their first fight by low kicks. He said he trained hard to check them against good kickers in camp, and that if Silva caught the knee, he'd thought it might hurt him.

Anderson, for whatever reason, didn't turn the hip on that last inside kick. Poor technique in the heat of the moment as much as a freak occurrence. Very sad.
    You train your low kick defense when facing somebody with exceptional muay thai. No surprises here. They did not plan for this to happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:35pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, but that is extremely unlikely. Full-on tibia fractures like Silvas are very rare, even in high-level kickboxing and muay thai. You don't strategize around hurting your opponents with your kick checks. Silva is perhaps the best muay thai fighter in the history of his weight class and for somebody with his striking skills to TKO himself like that is a one in a million occurrence.
    Go to youtube and search for muay thai broken leg. It's not as rare as you are trying to make it out to be.

For instance;

Last edited by kamadul; 12/29/2013 2:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:38pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have to agree with that.

BTW, you don't happen to live at Ft. Benning do you? Your posting style reminds me so much of one of my good friends that I have to ask.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:46pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fookin right.

Not only was the AS Weidman rematch the best money/hype potential at the time, one of the two was the greatest fighter in the history of the promotion who happened to get clipped once during an until-that-point competitive match. Not making that fight, would have been idiotic, from any angle.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your reading comprehension is apparently as jacked up as your sense of fairness when it comes to matchmaking.
    Why thank you.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:53pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You train your low kick defense when facing somebody with exceptional muay thai. No surprises here. They did not plan for this to happen.
    They did. They responded to the effectiveness of Silva's low kicks in the first fight. Very professional error correction, on the part of the Champ.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Chr...ow-Kicks-61333

[My trainer] Ray Longo actually broke a guy's leg like that in the gym by putting the knee right on that shin when he kicked, just by following [the kick] up slowly, Weidman said. It's not really going shin-to-shin, but getting your knee on the shin. I've done it in sparring with some hard kickers to let them know not to kick me anymore. Their legs didn't break, but they would either take a minute to walk it off or they wouldn't be kicking me as much. It's something I've definitely been working on, thanks to Longo.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast