Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 12:13pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rousy vs Tate has been one of the most entertaining fights I have seen. But man, Ronda needs to take a chill. She had murder in her eyes and I thought she'll deliberately hurt Meisha if she gets a chance. Female with a grudge can be one spooky beast.

I'm NOT gonna watch Silva vs. Weidman.

Also surprised at the incredibly fast Barnett's loss.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 12:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Silva deserved the title shot because nobody was more likely to take the belt from the champion than him.
    That is some horseshit speculation.

Title fights are supposed to be given based on recent fight results. Not potential fighting ability.

Now compare the records of Vitor (3 KO victory streak) and Silva (eyeballing the back of his skull).

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:01pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depressing event in several ways. To summarise why I think it's sad:

Leben is a tough son of a bitch, but his best years are clearly in his past. Surprising to see a fighter of his fortitude quit between rounds, but when you can't Work up the energy to get back in the ring after taking a beating, I guess it's time to call it quits.

I personally love Rousey but she's picked up a number of keyboard warrior haters over her dickish personality on TUF this year, so another armbar Victory for her's bound to sadden many people. I just don't think it was a necessary fight to begin with, her superiority over Tate had already been established in their last fight and this one really did not tell us much that we did not already know.

Barnett is just depressing. Came in looking out of shape, sluggish and completely failed to live up to expectations. Would have loved to see him take a run at the title, but his performances against Cormier and now Browne clearly show that the UFC has moved on since he last held the title and that he doesn't really have the striking or wrestling to make an impact on the heavyweight division today.

What an awful, if memorable, way for Silva to end his career. At his time of life, there is no way he's coming back after that. I am happy that they at least got a full round of fighting before the freak accident occurred and that Weidman seemed to be beating Silva handily. Makes his win look more legitimate to mouthbreathing sherdoggians.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:13pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva deserved the title shot because nobody was more likely to take the belt from the champion than him.
    I think Silva needed to prove that.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

Title fights are supposed to be given based on recent fight results. Not potential fighting ability.
    Says who? You? I didn't realize there was a rule about this in the by-laws of UFCdom. Your idealistic notions come from the land of unicorns and leprechauns. Everybody knows the financial factors that come into play in UFC matchmaking. Sometimes that turns out to be a bad thing and sometimes it turns out to be a good thing by giving fans fights they want to see.

Nevertheless, my opinion is that years of beating the **** out of #1 contender after #1 contender easily trumps a puny 3 fight win streak by a roided up asshole, regardless of the loss to the new champ in his last outing.

Why aren't you whining about Miesha Tate's title shot on the same card? Now THAT was some undeserved bullshit. She got her arm broken by the champ and she lost her last fight. 1-2 in her last three fights and gets a title shot because the UFC wants to cherry pick fights for their blonde cash cow.

If you want to be butthurt about UFC matchmaking you're picking a shitty fight to complain about. There are much bigger fish to fry.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:22pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I think Silva needed to prove that.
    I'm pretty sure he did already when he went 17-1 in his last 18 fights, 15 of which he defeated either the current champion or the number one contender. Show me another fighter who did more than that to prove he belonged in the cage fighting for a title. You motherfuckers need to pull your heads out of your asses.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:47pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Depressing event in several ways. To summarise why I think it's sad:

Leben is a tough son of a bitch, but his best years are clearly in his past. Surprising to see a fighter of his fortitude quit between rounds, but when you can't Work up the energy to get back in the ring after taking a beating, I guess it's time to call it quits.

I personally love Rousey but she's picked up a number of keyboard warrior haters over her dickish personality on TUF this year, so another armbar Victory for her's bound to sadden many people. I just don't think it was a necessary fight to begin with, her superiority over Tate had already been established in their last fight and this one really did not tell us much that we did not already know.

Barnett is just depressing. Came in looking out of shape, sluggish and completely failed to live up to expectations. Would have loved to see him take a run at the title, but his performances against Cormier and now Browne clearly show that the UFC has moved on since he last held the title and that he doesn't really have the striking or wrestling to make an impact on the heavyweight division today.

What an awful, if memorable, way for Silva to end his career. At his time of life, there is no way he's coming back after that. I am happy that they at least got a full round of fighting before the freak accident occurred and that Weidman seemed to be beating Silva handily. Makes his win look more legitimate to mouthbreathing sherdoggians.
    I don't know that it was a freak accident. Weidman stated that he had been spent time focusing on using the knee block as a defense. He executed perfectly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 1:50pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Says who? You? I didn't realize there was a rule about this in the by-laws of UFCdom. Your idealistic notions come from the land of unicorns and leprechauns. Everybody knows the financial factors that come into play in UFC matchmaking. Sometimes that turns out to be a bad thing and sometimes it turns out to be a good thing by giving fans fights they want to see.

Nevertheless, my opinion is that years of beating the **** out of #1 contender after #1 contender easily trumps a puny 3 fight win streak by a roided up asshole, regardless of the loss to the new champ in his last outing.

Why aren't you whining about Miesha Tate's title shot on the same card? Now THAT was some undeserved bullshit. She got her arm broken by the champ and she lost her last fight. 1-2 in her last three fights and gets a title shot because the UFC wants to cherry pick fights for their blonde cash cow.

If you want to be butthurt about UFC matchmaking you're picking a shitty fight to complain about. There are much bigger fish to fry.
    I don't see how anyone can bitch about UFC matchmaking. It's a business, they are trying to make money. They are going to put on the show that sells the most tickets and pay per view. Deserve has nothing to do with it.

Posted On:
    12/29/2013 2:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamadul View Post
    I don't know that it was a freak accident. Weidman stated that he had been spent time focusing on using the knee block as a defense. He executed perfectly.
    I'm sorry, but that is extremely unlikely. Full-on tibia fractures like Silvas are very rare, even in high-level kickboxing and muay thai. You don't strategize around hurting your opponents with your kick checks. Silva is perhaps the best muay thai fighter in the history of his weight class and for somebody with his striking skills to TKO himself like that is a one in a million occurrence.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast