Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    patfromlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hilo Island of Hawaii
    Posts
    8,885
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Andy Hug with Sensei, Kyokushin kick training video

    I may be prejudiced as an old KK guy, but this looks like the kind of training that teaches kicking pretty well. Any opinions?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PUxVWoFtyAs
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

  2. #2
    surferdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockledge, Fl.
    Posts
    78
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surprised no one commented on this.

    And no, you are not being biased. While it is a short clip, it is still excellent. Instead of just demonstrating power kicking, it also teaches how to put together intelligent combos that flow. I like that even in the brief time it covers a "change up pitch" too. Feeds them the low round twice then switches to the axe. Good stuff.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    61
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree. I don't speak Japanese, but that's a pretty sweet little clip. Maybe my favorite part is that some attention is obviously paid to what the pad holder should be doing, which is something some people overlook.

    Also, yay ax kick! It's so brutal and fun. It even has a fun name, at least in English and Korean. The Korean is chik ki cha gi. That's just fun to say.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could watch Andy Hug kick all day. Very inspirational.

  5. #5
    surferdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockledge, Fl.
    Posts
    78
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFolkBlues View Post
    I agree. I don't speak Japanese, but that's a pretty sweet little clip. Maybe my favorite part is that some attention is obviously paid to what the pad holder should be doing, which is something some people overlook.

    Also, yay ax kick! It's so brutal and fun. It even has a fun name, at least in English and Korean. The Korean is chik ki cha gi. That's just fun to say.
    Lulz! That IS fun to say. Not so fun to get hit with though. Andy's mawashi geri was serious business too.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    61
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
    Lulz! That IS fun to say. Not so fun to get hit with though. Andy's mawashi geri was serious business too.
    See, even the Japanese name is awesome. Also, yeah, that's a serious kick he's got there. It's a fairly dangerous strike they're demonstrating, as well. On somebody who didn't see it coming, you'd probably snap their clavicle right in two. And below the clavicle, well...lots of stuff that doesn't need to get poked with sharp broken bone.

    Sent from my LG-LS855 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For clarification - Kyokushin terminology for axe kick is actually uchi/soto oroshi kakato geri; inside or outside descending heel kick.

  8. #8
    surferdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rockledge, Fl.
    Posts
    78
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by silvers_ghost View Post
    For clarification - Kyokushin terminology for axe kick is actually uchi/soto oroshi kakato geri; inside or outside descending heel kick.
    Thanks brudda. Not just for clarifying but educating. I was unfamiliar with what the ax kick is called.

    BTW, Mawashi geri is round house kick, RealFolkBlues.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    61
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
    Thanks brudda. Not just for clarifying but educating. I was unfamiliar with what the ax kick is called.

    BTW, Mawashi geri is round house kick, RealFolkBlues.
    Whoops, I misunderstood. Thanks for the corrections, guys. Oroshi kakato geri still seems pretty fun to say. :)

  10. #10
    dwkfym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,020
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFolkBlues View Post
    I agree. I don't speak Japanese, but that's a pretty sweet little clip. Maybe my favorite part is that some attention is obviously paid to what the pad holder should be doing, which is something some people overlook.

    Also, yay ax kick! It's so brutal and fun. It even has a fun name, at least in English and Korean. The Korean is chik ki cha gi. That's just fun to say.
    In Korean it is written 찍기차기 which literally means downward spiking motion kick, or colloquially, spike kick.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO