1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Want to train in Thailand?

    Hi everyone,

    I am residing in Thailand in the Isaan province. My Muay Thai trainer asked me to help him advertise his camp online, as he knows nothing about computers, I told him that usually the foreigners who come to train in Thailand prefer to go to Bangkok, as is more convenient, but maybe someone was interested in a different experience and wanted to visit the rural area of Thailand where the Muay fighters start their careers and retire.

    If someone is, he can contact me through a private message, the main city around with airport is one hour by plane from the capital and I could arrange transportation to the village and accommodation, altogether with discussing the fees with the trainees.

    I think some people might be interested in coming to the mountain region, as it offers a different tourism experience and here is the real deal...if you really want to train and live like a Thai fighter, it is tough culturally and physically speaking, but I think is more rewarding experience than going to the many tourist oriented gyms in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and such.

    Didn´t find aMuay Thai forum, so I wa doubting between the MMA forum, but thought this belonged here with all the south east asian arts.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get on here: http://wordpress.com/ , put up a simple website.

    http://www.muaythailand.com/ is probably the premier MT forum on the internets, spread word there.

  3. #3
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am very interested in this. I have been looking into spending a decent chunk of time in Thailand training, and a lot of the places that are advertised seem more like short term tourist destinations than anything else.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Get on here: http://wordpress.com/ , put up a simple website.

    http://www.muaythailand.com/ is probably the premier MT forum on the internets, spread word there.
    Thanks for the info, I´ll check it out.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I am very interested in this. I have been looking into spending a decent chunk of time in Thailand training, and a lot of the places that are advertised seem more like short term tourist destinations than anything else.
    Hi, I sent a private message.

    Cheers

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a video I did for the camp with all the kids training, including my little nephew. So you can see how it looks like.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVVeP...ature=youtu.be

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The name is WORAWUT RUNGROD ( believe me in Thai is even more illegible :))

    The schedule is : training every day, twice a day and rest on sundays.

    1st period from 7 AM until 9 AM

    Second period from 16:00 to 18:00

    Training fees:

    1 day, full day = 400 baht

    Half day ( 2 hours) = 300 baht

    1 week = 2000 baht

    1 month = 7.500 baht

    3 months = 20.000 baht

    There are 2 regular trainers, some more come depending of the time of the year, none speak english, but I´ll be around most of the time to help with the language barrier ( with my limited Thai) and any other things needed, showing you around etc.

    Let´s see if next week I can take some pictures and make a Facebook page.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think training outside of BKK is a great idea. I trained in Chiang Mai (which I know is still a relatively big city) and loved it. It was also a great base to see other surrounding areas.

    In addition, the stories I have heard from some of the more commercial, tourist orientated camps put me off as well. The quality and credentials of the coaching can be an issue and one of my friends who became friends with an american trainer was told by that individual "I don't really care if I injure these guys, I will never see them again.'

    Thailand outside the main tourist areas is amazing, the people are just great, warm and welcoming. It is one of my favourite countries.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    I think training outside of BKK is a great idea. I trained in Chiang Mai (which I know is still a relatively big city) and loved it. It was also a great base to see other surrounding areas.

    In addition, the stories I have heard from some of the more commercial, tourist orientated camps put me off as well. The quality and credentials of the coaching can be an issue and one of my friends who became friends with an american trainer was told by that individual "I don't really care if I injure these guys, I will never see them again.'

    Thailand outside the main tourist areas is amazing, the people are just great, warm and welcoming. It is one of my favourite countries.
    I am with you, I have walked by many of those gyms, intended to train, but never wanted to stay because I didn´t like what I saw...but in Bangkok I have seen some really nice places. Just check Bwakaw´s Gym, it´s really authentic unlike others that look like Fitness centers.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO