Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2013 8:44am

Style: Goju Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Want to train in Thailand?

Hi everyone,

I am residing in Thailand in the Isaan province. My Muay Thai trainer asked me to help him advertise his camp online, as he knows nothing about computers, I told him that usually the foreigners who come to train in Thailand prefer to go to Bangkok, as is more convenient, but maybe someone was interested in a different experience and wanted to visit the rural area of Thailand where the Muay fighters start their careers and retire.

If someone is, he can contact me through a private message, the main city around with airport is one hour by plane from the capital and I could arrange transportation to the village and accommodation, altogether with discussing the fees with the trainees.

I think some people might be interested in coming to the mountain region, as it offers a different tourism experience and here is the real deal...if you really want to train and live like a Thai fighter, it is tough culturally and physically speaking, but I think is more rewarding experience than going to the many tourist oriented gyms in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and such.

Didn´t find aMuay Thai forum, so I wa doubting between the MMA forum, but thought this belonged here with all the south east asian arts.

Cheers

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    12/18/2013 8:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get on here: http://wordpress.com/ , put up a simple website.

http://www.muaythailand.com/ is probably the premier MT forum on the internets, spread word there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2013 2:56pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am very interested in this. I have been looking into spending a decent chunk of time in Thailand training, and a lot of the places that are advertised seem more like short term tourist destinations than anything else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2013 10:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Get on here: http://wordpress.com/ , put up a simple website.

http://www.muaythailand.com/ is probably the premier MT forum on the internets, spread word there.
    Thanks for the info, I´ll check it out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2013 11:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I am very interested in this. I have been looking into spending a decent chunk of time in Thailand training, and a lot of the places that are advertised seem more like short term tourist destinations than anything else.
    Hi, I sent a private message.

Cheers

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2013 11:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a video I did for the camp with all the kids training, including my little nephew. So you can see how it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVVeP...ature=youtu.be

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2014 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The name is WORAWUT RUNGROD ( believe me in Thai is even more illegible :))

The schedule is : training every day, twice a day and rest on sundays.

1st period from 7 AM until 9 AM

Second period from 16:00 to 18:00

Training fees:

1 day, full day = 400 baht

Half day ( 2 hours) = 300 baht

1 week = 2000 baht

1 month = 7.500 baht

3 months = 20.000 baht

There are 2 regular trainers, some more come depending of the time of the year, none speak english, but I´ll be around most of the time to help with the language barrier ( with my limited Thai) and any other things needed, showing you around etc.

Let´s see if next week I can take some pictures and make a Facebook page.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2014 9:27pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think training outside of BKK is a great idea. I trained in Chiang Mai (which I know is still a relatively big city) and loved it. It was also a great base to see other surrounding areas.

In addition, the stories I have heard from some of the more commercial, tourist orientated camps put me off as well. The quality and credentials of the coaching can be an issue and one of my friends who became friends with an american trainer was told by that individual "I don't really care if I injure these guys, I will never see them again.'

Thailand outside the main tourist areas is amazing, the people are just great, warm and welcoming. It is one of my favourite countries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2014 9:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    I think training outside of BKK is a great idea. I trained in Chiang Mai (which I know is still a relatively big city) and loved it. It was also a great base to see other surrounding areas.

In addition, the stories I have heard from some of the more commercial, tourist orientated camps put me off as well. The quality and credentials of the coaching can be an issue and one of my friends who became friends with an american trainer was told by that individual "I don't really care if I injure these guys, I will never see them again.'

Thailand outside the main tourist areas is amazing, the people are just great, warm and welcoming. It is one of my favourite countries.
    I am with you, I have walked by many of those gyms, intended to train, but never wanted to stay because I didn´t like what I saw...but in Bangkok I have seen some really nice places. Just check Bwakaw´s Gym, it´s really authentic unlike others that look like Fitness centers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2014 11:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!