Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 4:49pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoto View Post
    That was a nice read. Thanks.
    There is much more to come. I currently have 7 more chapters done. Chapter 8 itself is 2 pages. So at my current schedule I have enough to post through Jan 1st. At the current rate the story is going, I expect to get to current day sometime around Mid-January.

As I stated earlier, expect 3 Chapters a week.

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 5:59pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cannot turn away...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 6:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This would have made a great advent calendar type of thing. Now we will have to celebrate mid-January. Still great work though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 2:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm looking forward to it...subscribe!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 11:40am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very fun read, thanks!

I'm absolute positive, when I was a kid in the '80s, I would have joined a ninjutsu school in a heartbeat if I had one close by.

I was stuck with my stupid high school wrestling program and an inexpensive Muay Thai gym. Woe is my for my lack of cool black gis and toe socks!

Somehow it all turned okay. Somehow.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 5:03pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posting Wednesday's Chapter before I go to bed. Enjoy:

Part I : The College Years

Chapter 2: Back to School

I returned to school a changed person, everything I did was with Ninjutsu in mind. Now, there was no Ninjutsu in my college town, so I had to find something else. My first thought is Ninjutsu is Japanese, and Karate is Japanese, so I would do Karate. So I signed up for the class on campus. I last a whopping 1 class. Half due to the instructors and half due to my own arrogance. Let me describe the first and only Karate class I have ever done in my life. Around 50 college students are hanging out inside the gym, when Middle-aged Man and Women with Black Belts come walking in their gis. First, I am not happy as their Gis are White and not Black. Not sure why, but I was used to Black Gis. Strike 1. Now, here is the part that makes me glad I didnít stay, even a decade later. The Instructor, demand quiet and start telling everyone how they are trained killing machines and that if anyone came in to challenge them, they would accept and fight to the death. At the time I thought that was stupid as hell. I found out later that their schoolís sparring is only Point Sparring. So in retrospect, I am not sure how they were planning on killing their challengers. Strike 2. Now onto the first technique, which was a wrist escape that involved using both your hand to break the grips while standing directly in front of your opponent. Again in retrospect, it was a terrible technique. However, at the time I was pissed because I was convinced the wrist escapes I learned in Ninjutsu were far superior. Strike 3. I dropped the class as soon as I got back to my dorm room.

But to continue my journey to be a Ninja I needed some sort of training. So I went off to see what Martial Arts club exists on my campus. Of course there wasnít a Ninjutsu club, that would be too easy. But there existed a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu club. I didnít know about the Brazilian part, but I knew Jiu Jitsu. That was part of Ninjutsu, of course it was spelled Jujutsu, but same thing right? I went to the club and I loved it. The instructor was a Blue Belt, and didnít say anything about killing all challengers. It wasnít the same as my Ninjutsu class, but the grappling was close enough from what I was doing at home (at least in beginner mind) that I was comfortable. It was a No-Gi class, so I wore my Black Ninjutsu Gi pants, my Ninjutsu T-shirt and my Cloth Tabi when I went to the club. It wasnít Ninjutsu, but I was training to be a Ninja. So I am doing No-Gi BJJ 3 days week at school and Ninjutsu everyday I am at home during school breaks.

On Friday: Part I : The College Years - Chapter 3: TKD

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 10:41pm

Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    So I am doing No-Gi BJJ 3 days week at school and Ninjutsu everyday I am at home during school breaks.
    We both joined in 2005. I vaguely remember your early posts. Considering I thought you were a Ninjitsu apologist at the time, I find the above mildly surprising. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Although I also recall that you constantly schooled other internet ninjas with your superior historical knowledge.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/18/2013 1:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    We both joined in 2005. I vaguely remember your early posts. Considering I thought you were a Ninjitsu apologist at the time, I find the above mildly surprising. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Although I also recall that you constantly schooled other internet ninjas with your superior historical knowledge.
    As of Chapter 2 it is 2001. I won't hit 2005 until Chapters 7 and 8. You will is see how the No-Gi Jiu Jitsu fits into the over arcing College Ninja experience and where I am when I join Bullshido.

I think it will make sense once the story progresses where I was in 2005. But even in my early posts I said I had 3 (college) years of No-Gi BJJ which used to piss off the early BJJihad posters. As it was a No-Gi club and didn't rank people, I never self identified as a BJJer.
    Last edited by Plasma; 12/18/2013 5:08pm at .

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    12/20/2013 1:37am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chapter 3 ended up being a bit short so I decided give you 2 Chapters today!

Part I : The College Years

Chapter 3: TKD

So I am spending the majority of my time training No-Gi BJJ, but if you asked me at the time, I would tell you I study Ninjutsu. Ninjutsu was the ultimate Martial Art and the No-GI BJJ I was training was a place holder till I was home for break. Now I am sure you are thinking, wasnít your BJJ training showing results in your Ninjutsu School? Yes, it was, in fact I was submitting Brown Belts on the ground as a White Belt. That did not open my eyes though, in fact I really thought I would just be promoted quicker and be a better Ninja. Seriously.

While my grappling was covered, I had no striking training while at school. I was still in need of that required gym credit as I dropped Karate a year earlier. So I decided to try Tae Kwon Do. There were both a Beginner and Intermediate Class for TKD. I wanted in the Intermediate Class, even though my only striking training was from Ninjutsu. So I watched the first class, and asked the instructor if I can go straight to intermediate. I imitated what I just saw in class. Apparently, it was good enough that he let me in. In fact when it came to sparring day he would line me up with the senior members of the class to spar with the juniors. I again wore my Ninjutsu Gi and Rank with my Tabi.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast