Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2014 8:24pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    In both cases they don't understand the point of Military Arts nor do they understand the teachings of Jesus. Now try to mix in the fact that there are Christian military veterans (even former Marines) who think learning any form of MA are evil. That's what you call hypocritical.
    The cognitive dissonance is astounding in some people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2014 8:37pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, that was quite entertaining. Thank you for that. Let me get home from work, and I'll try to write up some stuff. I've got some good ones, as I was a member of an open-style University club in pre-UFC days. Oh the debate that those early UFC matches stirred up!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2014 8:45pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Part 2: Post College

Chapter 9: The Return of the Ninja
    The class ends, I submit my report to ensure these people are no longer hired for future classes. Turns out they submitted a complaint about me, though once I explained the situation to the people in charge of training, their complaint was tossed in the shredder.

But it didn’t end there. When I went back to training the next day it turns out the Ninja LaRPers called my instructor to complain about how disrespectful I was. We had a good laugh about that.
    Thoroughly enjoyed this story. No two X-kans are alike.

You bring up a good point here. People hiring instructors for combatives training often have no idea whom they are hiring. Usually based on nepotism. A Krav instructor if you are lucky, a bad Krav instructor or the guy who learned two techniques in his garage if you aren't.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    1/04/2014 5:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RynoGreene View Post
    Damn, that was quite entertaining. Thank you for that. Let me get home from work, and I'll try to write up some stuff. I've got some good ones, as I was a member of an open-style University club in pre-UFC days. Oh the debate that those early UFC matches stirred up!

I look forward to this. If you have more than 1 story. Feel free to start a thread in YMAS. I'd love to get a few of these going.

Posted On:
    1/04/2014 5:40am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    Chapter 8 - Appendix 1- Throwdown

Apparently, Jiggle Butt (DerAuslander/MadMonk) did not approve of the fact that I skipped over the Throwdown experiences.

It started in September 2005 where we organized a regional throwdown at one of the member’s academies. It was your average MMA sparring session except for 1 member. He was one of Bullshido’s Kung Fu “experts.” As of 2013 they are long gone, but 8 years ago, we had several, and they were very large posters of Bullshido. At first, it was just fine, he spars with us and was sane but over time it got worse. With the Bullshido BJJihad posters attacking the crew for everything from TKD sparring, Knife Sparring/LaRPing (depending on who was describing it) and sub par grappling, the “Kung Fu expert” slowly lost his mind. This cumulated into a Parking Lot Gong Sau between the “Kung Fu expert” dressed as a walking 80s bad guy stereotype and a Bullshido Moderator that ended with the Kung Fu Expert attacking a girl half his size and a Bullshido Moderator GnPing the Kung Fu expert in a parking lot in front of a Masonic Lodge. The rest of us were far removed from the situation, we just wanted to hang out and spar. Many of us are still friends today.

The build up is one of the Kung Fu posters was in town from China and staying with the Kung Fu “expert,” so 2 of the Bullshido Female Muay Thai Kickboxers and 1 of the Moderators drove up to what was suppose to a Kung Fu vs MT sparring match. Despite having numerous gym locations they could of used the Kung Fu expert decided a parking lot was the best location for this sparring match.

Here are some videos of the “discussion”:

Video of the Gang Sau:

I skipped over this as this had little to do with me as I was only a part by tangent as being part of the Throwdown crew.

One story involving me from the throwdowns that is worth sharing is, the second throwdown was not at an academy. It was in an abandon building. You see we were suppose to have it at the Kung Fu “expert’s” school, except it wasn’t his school, at least he didn’t have a key and there was an angry chinese man that was yelling and he called to cops on the Kung Fu “expert.” As we were going to call it a day, a guy offers us his building for the throwdown. I have no idea where this guy came from. What he leads us to is a building under heavy construction, we climb a ladder (no stairs) to the second floor, where the windows are open to the street. We put down some mats and throwdown. People had to stay near the windows to make sure people didn’t roll out into the street so we only had 1 match at a time. Holy **** that was dumb.
    A Picture from the throwdown in the "mystery building"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2014 11:09pm

Style: Hapkido/Aiki Jujutsu/ BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    In middle and high school I thought Ashida Kim and Stephen Hayes knew their ****, that Ki was super real and nobody had figured it out yet truly.. I practiced "Ninja Cross-Stepping" from the Ashida Kim books and practiced all sorts of moves. I had Secrets of the Ninja dog eared.

In fact, I think I got into an argument with someone on this site when it was McDojo.com about how Combat Ki was a real thing and that everyone's minds were just closed to the truth. I told you all at one point in those days that I dreamed of training in Bujinkan and wearing tabi and learning the stealth secrets of the Ninja, that I was chubby and wanted an art that I could adapt. You guys told me not to and that I was a dumb kid.

I never did, and you were right. I have my visits to McDojo to thank for that.
    LOL. I always thought I could hide in front of an object if I could just tense my hara tight enough but it never worked. Glad to finally realize it was not a faulty hara and that mine is probably just as good as everyone elses.

Does this mean the meditation hand formations I learned are also bullshido?

zero

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2014 11:10pm

Style: Hapkido/Aiki Jujutsu/ BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great story BTW!

zero

Posted On:
    1/13/2014 7:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha yess a great story..
    Yess many MC Dojo's about ninja, Frank Dux, Ashida Kim, Ronald Duncan,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2014 1:25pm

Style: judo, -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sooo, any new content soon? Toodles!

Posted On:
    1/19/2014 2:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The story is over. If you want to see what I am currently working on you can head over to the Advanced Grappling forum.

Here is a quick story for you though.

For those new to the site, you missed Camp Skeletor. Organized by Lord Skeletor himself, a Bullshido SWAT throwdown. Instead of a day of MMA sparring, kickboxing and grappling, we learned SWAT tactics from active SWAT officers, learned to deal with surprise knife attacks, successfully cleared hostile areas and did courses with live ammunition. It was amazing, we did it twice between 2010 - 2011.

This story comes from the second Camp Skeletor. Force on Force training took place in the stuff of nightmares or video games….an abandon meat packing facilities. It had no power, so any room that did not have a window was pitch black, especially once you got underground.

My partner for this exercise was an ex-Marine (M) and the rooms we had were pitch black. Did I mention we were the bad guys and the SWAT team was coming for us. Out manned and out gunned we needed a plan. The plan: Duct Tape a flashlight in strobe mode directly at the door, blinding the first person in. Position M by the rear door with an assault rifle switched to full auto (we were using airsoft). Once the team enters the room, spray the door and run out the back door to the other room. The plan was to distract the team enough to make them “forget” to do a through search of the room and chase the bad guy with the assault weapon. It worked. The team did search the room, but quickly and not throughly. You see there was heavy machinery bolted to the floor left behind when the facility closed. I was under one of them and they missed me.

It was at this point the team of 7 people entered the final room to confront the final bad guy (M). With the room behind them cleared, no one was guarding the rear. With nothing but a 7500V Shock Knife, I took out 4 of the 7 members of the team until chainpunch shot me at point blank range. That really hurt.

Here is a picture of me and another role player in shock knife mayhem after a day of force on force:

Last edited by Plasma; 1/19/2014 2:04pm at .
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314 LastLast