Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Die dead horse die!

Ran across this today after trying to figure out what the hell someone was talking about when they mentioned Revat...

http://revat.wordpress.com/2009/05/2...nce=6d074827f1

Which turns out to be a fancy Hollywood name for the Chun.

Anyway, thought I'd leave it here on the off chance hilarity ensues.

Style
    aikido
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have successfully resisted the urge to post a reply to that. It isn't worth it.

Just don't get taken to the ground and you don't need grappling. LOL.
    Grappling only works if you have a strength advantage. LOLOLOLOL.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look I am not going to attack the obvious fail here.

This punching kicking elbow grapple distance thing shits me. Why do people bother to break that down when it serves no pourpose?

Has anybody got an idea from how far back a good grappler can shoot in from?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    TangSooDo/Yubiwaza
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's Sifu Ingo Weigel's website:

http://ingoweigel.com/

Claims to have been an LEO, tho apparently that was in E. Germany before the wall came down. Says he has "over a decade" of MA training. Typical stand-up-only fighter bad mouthing grappling. Here he is "sparring" with a friend:

Wouldn't have particularly stood out from many such others, except he also claims to be a Reiki Healer. Some systems of alternative medicine have demonstrated value, but Reiki is not one of them. Anybody who takes money from people for faith healing is not someone I'd want teaching me MA.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has sent me on a quest to find the most rediculus anti-grappling videos
    the bellow video isn't the most horrible but it really shows how dead of an art that **** is.
    Even when working on things that could be done so safely in an alive manner they are just sooooooooo none resistant its not even funny well wait no it is quite funny.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When people waste a decade of their life on fantasy bullshit, they often come up with hilarious justifications. It used to upset me, now the only emotion they illicit out of me is pity.

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another keeper:

http://completeselfprotection.com/se...defence-tip-1/

To sum it up, when someone takes you to the ground in a fight, don't assume guard. Instead, kick at him Fred Ettish style (Apparently, he won't be on top of you after taking you down).

Let's see how that works:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80675093/
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 12/15/2013 7:56am at .

Style
    Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This thread has sent me on a quest to find the most rediculus anti-grappling videos
    Here are some more.

This guy at least believes "MMA takedowns" are effective techniques, which is tragically more than a lot of anti-grappling people are willing to admit. He still insists on pulling techniques out of his ass to invent a defense for the double-leg, however, so invariably his videos suck:

This next guy's videos are works of art. They basically encompass every flimsy technique found in every women's self-defense article ever printed anywhere.

Back-elbows and groin hammerfists to defend against the RNC, with a Bat Punch thrown in for good measure:

A headbutt to defend the mount, so long as your opponent doesn't "bridge" (Which he thinks means post):

Palm strike defeats surfboard stretch:

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't pity these fuckers. I hate them. I hate delusional assholes who pretend like they know things they don't know. That whole way of being creates more problems than anything else. Which is why the martial arts are so important from a philosophical standpoint. When the "moment of truth" arrives and you get choked out, thinkers reflect, and fucking assholes deny.-end rant
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Style
    TangSooDo/Yubiwaza
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    the bellow video isn't the most horrible but it really shows how dead of an art that **** is.
    Even when working on things that could be done so safely in an alive manner they are just sooooooooo none resistant its not even funny well wait no it is quite funny.

I don't get this. At about 55 sec. he says that he's showing techniques that come from the Chun and not other systems, but later he's doing some obvious grappling techniques, like RNC and armbars. The anti grappling Chun stuff is just chain punching from the mount!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last