Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 11:56am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not been a fan of GSP, although I admired his skillset and how he managed to stay on top. He is very smart to get out now, while he is on top and in relatively good condition.

As far as whether Lawler, Hendricks or Condit get the shot or even another to be named, it will be a money deal and interesting. Interesting because whichever one gats the belt now will not be the one with the belt a year from now. It is going to rotate between the top guys because there is not a truly dominate fighter in the class, that cann dominate and hold on like GSP did.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTedBear View Post
    As far as whether Lawler, Hendricks or Condit get the shot or even another to be named, it will be a money deal and interesting.
    its lawler vs hendricks.

if youre going to comment on a thread, please read it first?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good decision on GSP's behalf. As many others have observed, he owes nothing to the UFC or to Dana White and if he decides to return it should be on his own terms, not because cue-ball Dana wants another big payday.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 3:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like seeing GSP go out on top. Like Devil said, instead of becoming a punching bag. I hated watching the end of Chuck, Fedor, and Randy at the end of their careers. However, it's going to suck a little for me because all the fighters I've always watched are gone or leaving. The new fighters coming up don't seem as personal to me. Maybe because their younger than I am, but since MMA training is so streamlined now it's hard for me to see a personality to get behind.

Or I'm just getting old.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 11:31am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Alex. You are right. This go-around will be Lawler/Henricks. But what makes you think they will be anywhere near as dominant as GSP? That is what I meant. Whoever wins the first match, surely will not be the champ for more than maybe two defenses before getting beat.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dont move the goalposts bud, thats not what you said. im not going to beat the horse anymore than this one post but it really irks me when someone comes into a discussion thread and doesnt even read the rest of the posts.

As far as whether Lawler, Hendricks or Condit get the shot or even another to be named,
    in what world does this NOT sound like you dont know who the people fighting for the belt are going to be?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2013 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was never bored with his fights. I thought that the way he tactically dominated so many top-tier fighters was exciting, and not boring. I don't need to see people mindlessly slugging on each other, or blood flying everywhere, in order to be entertained.

I wish GSP the best of luck in whatever comes next. Ultimately, when I did go see his fights, it was to get together with friends, but the fights brought us together in the first place. Thanks, man!

:)

Posted On:
    12/18/2013 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do like that the new champ is unlikely to be a predictable decision win each fight (how it's felt lately). GSP was great, but there are more exciting styles of play.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123