Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 2:18am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody here know what "personal issues" prevent him from fighting? I heard his dad is sick..could be it?

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 3:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Does anybody here know what "personal issues" prevent him from fighting? I heard his dad is sick..could be it?
    Don't know but tihis is from much ealier
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sonal-problems
    He is obviously going through something that is keeping his mind out of the game.
    I respect that he said you know I have to handle what ever that maybe before I get back to fighting. So instead of sitting on the belt I will just come back and earn it again.

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 2:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I think it's a douche move, in fact I see it as epic dick tuckage. "I should have lost, but managed to ass kiss my way to undefeated". Yeah **** GSP.
    You should know how to troll more convincingly by now. 1/10.

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    You should know how to troll more convincingly by now. 1/10.
    Yeah it wasn't high effort on my part, guess I owe push-ups.

:)

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The King is dead, long live the King. Hendricks vs Lawler is a best case scenario here.

Lawler has rededicated himself to his craft, and emerged a different fighter. He's on a three fight tear, and is also highly exciting and always a threat. He wont just be jabbing for 5 rounds. Punches in bunches YEAH!!!!

He's actually one of my favorite fighters, and seeing him get a shot is great. A motivated Ruthless can end anyone's night quick-like.

He survived the extended legs version of the Randleplex, and won. More fights for Robbie plz. He's got heart.

KO at 4:09

Lawler is the WW Mark Hunt. WAAAAR LAWLER!!!

game dog

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 3:59pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    He survived the extended legs version of the Randleplex, and won. More fights for Robbie plz. He's got heart.

KO at 4:09
    Yeah, I remember that fight, and Lawler's comments regarding his gameplan, "We knew Manhoef has a tendency to drop his hands when he's going in for the finish." It takes guts to go in there with that as your plan, and a lot of skill and heart to actually pull it off.

What I don't get is: wasn't Hendricks suspended for a knee injury?
    "Johny Hendricks: suspended until 5/17/14 unless cleared by orthopedist for right knee"

Regarding GSP: good for him. If he manages to find his fire and focus again and returns in good shape, I'll be happy; if he doesn't and retires at the peak of his carreer... well, life will go on, and he'll be remembered as one of the all-time greats. The worst thing he could do for his reputation is to turn in some half-assed efforts, lose a few fights he should have won, and then retire, and I'm glad we won't see that happening.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

:)

Posted On:
    12/14/2013 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Richie View Post
    Yeah, I remember that fight, and Lawler's comments regarding his gameplan, "We knew Manhoef has a tendency to drop his hands when he's going in for the finish." It takes guts to go in there with that as your plan, and a lot of skill and heart to actually pull it off.
    For sure. I enjoy that he's one of those fighters you can never sleep on. He can end it, with no warning, at any time.

What I don't get is: wasn't Hendricks suspended for a knee injury?
    "Johny Hendricks: suspended until 5/17/14 unless cleared by orthopedist for right knee"
    I don't see anything since Nov 20 on the issue, where he said he didn't anticipate a problem. Perhaps he quietly got clearance.
    Regarding GSP: good for him. If he manages to find his fire and focus again and returns in good shape, I'll be happy; if he doesn't and retires at the peak of his carreer... well, life will go on, and he'll be remembered as one of the all-time greats. The worst thing he could do for his reputation is to turn in some half-assed efforts, lose a few fights he should have won, and then retire, and I'm glad we won't see that happening.
    Someone as competitive as him might have a hard time stopping. We'll see. He's certainly done enough to be one of the all time greats.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/15/2013 1:31am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good for him. He should stay gone as far as I'm concerned. He owes nothing to the sport or its fans. Fighting always ends up the same way if you do it long enough. Why close out a stellar career with a five fight stint as a human punching bag?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 12:05am

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the last thing we should want as fans is another Chuck Lidell on our hands.

Posted On:
    12/16/2013 4:23am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well written piece about GPS by Kenny Florian.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/g...-hiatus-121313
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast