Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!

bye bye GSP

the king is dead, or at least going on a long vacation, so a new one will be crowned in march.

http://www.ufc.com/news/GSP-teleconference-news-2013

edit- also, does anyone else think that this matchup seems odd? i like lawler but is he ready to fight for the title? id rather see condit vs hendricks again. i get the feeling lawler is going to be horrifyingly murdered.
    Last edited by alex; 12/13/2013 3:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 3:33pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but then I thought MacDonald would handle Lawler as well. I'll be rooting for him.

Respect to GSP, even though most of his fights were super boring, he dominated for over 6 years.

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 3:50pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pisses me off, actually, mainly because his Victory over Hendricks was as razor thin as it was and that he has essentially robbed Hendricks of a chance to take it legitimately now.

Still, it's classy of him to leave the belt before leaving and not sit on it for ages like Ortiz did back in the dark ages of Liddell-ducking. Hendricks is now the new WW champion, destroying Lawler should frankly be a bit of a formality for him.

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 4:35pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's a douche move, in fact I see it as epic dick tuckage. "I should have lost, but managed to ass kiss my way to undefeated". Yeah **** GSP.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 4:38pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait... what? He's not undefeated...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    get outta here, i really doubt someone like GSP is of the dick tucking type. haters.

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 5:33pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHen you're as good as GSP (and for that long) it doesn't take much for the couch warriors and haters to come out and slag him at any given opportunity.

He's done more than his fair share for the sport of MMA, and was a great rep for UFC. He has nothing else to prove IMO.

Any one who fights knows that it's only a matter of time before you lose. That doesn't mean you should keep fighting until you lose.

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 6:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, good for him knowing when to step down. I do believe he will be back. I think he just needs some time to figure some things out.
    I would love to see him sort some stuff out, reinvent his fight game and come back.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like a sport where you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. I've read threads about dudes like Ken Shamrock where people complain that he should've quit before he became a cartoon of himself.

My opinion is that MMA is a sport/career that takes heart like no other (unless you're Bob Sapp). You can't just phone it in if your heart's not 100% in it, especially if you wanna be the UFC champ. GSP knows way more about what it takes to stay on top than any UFC fanboys who give him **** for quitting, but they're welcome to become UFC champs and show GSP how to stay at the top level of competition for years straight without burning out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 9:40pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't a fan of his overly conservative fight style, but the guy has set records and done more for the sport than almost any other fighter in history. We have just witnessed the end of an era in the welterweight division. Props to GSP for stepping aside when he felt he needed to, especially considering how many dumb fans (as we've seen in this very thread) will act like hes dick tucking when hes been fighting the best of the best in the world for years.

I think Condit should have gotten the shot instead of Lawler. Of course, hes probably only a fight or two away from a shot at the new belt, so its probably a moot point. It'll be interesting to see what the welterweight division will look like in the next few months.
    Last edited by karma2343; 12/13/2013 9:43pm at .
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast