Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Self-aggrandizing Black Belt

First, for those educated in American public schools, self-aggrandizing - exhibiting self-importance; "big talk" boastful, braggart, bragging, braggy, cock-a-hoop, crowing, self-aggrandising, - feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure your self-worth.

And I do! I was very happy to be a black belt the other day. I was downtown at the Hilo Farmer's Market, going to buy veggies and fruit, but actually bs'ing away about martial arts with a guy (he was Jeet Kune Do and Judo) who was sunning himself on the corner bench and then two Japanese tourist ladies came up all pretty and smiling and charming and asked us where could they find mochi (gooey chewy Japanese rice cake) and he recommended Two Ladies Kitchen, a block and 1/2 away. A moment or two later we heard a male voice loudly saying konnichiwa (good afternoon). We look around and see a clown in a pickup truck with dark glasses on, leering out at the Japanese gals, yapping away. He was being an asshole, hassling the most sweet and guiltless innocent nice ladies one could imagine, and we didn't like it. Reminded me of the truck driver in Thelma and Louise.

So I moved next to them and said, "You talking to my sister?" He left quickly, looking rather unhappy. The guy and I then talked about how satisfying it is to use our training. No violence or even swearing or posturing, well OK, a bit of posturing, but to use ma training because it gives us self assurance and the ability to step up once in a while and stop bullshit. And being a ma, if clown had started to get out I'd planned on doing a jumping side to his door, to both hurt him and do 100's of $ body damage to his nice truck, and hopefully ending it quickly, then pulling a disappearing act, like I did once after doing a back kick as hard as I could into a sedan that almost ran me over in a cross walk. Some day someone might shoot me.

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 4:42pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A certain mod of great renown posted this on facebook
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never call out to women, but sometimes I like to drive around the neighborhood and stare at them while I pass. This gets them worried sometimes, though, because I ride one of these.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't even need a black belt to start imagining thwarting assholes with flying side kicks. It just came naturally after watching enough Power Rangers.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 5:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I didn't even need a black belt to start imagining thwarting assholes with flying side kicks. It just came naturally after watching enough Power Rangers.
    I might have to amend that to a (grunt, oooph) stepping side kick! Can't really imagine getting airborne, unless it's body surfing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 7:29pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yeah you totally need to study MA for that ****.

Also as a creepy guy, I am offended.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    A certain mod of great renown posted this on facebook
    Good stuff there. As a father to a couple of beautiful girls, I see the creepy ones. Not the glance of men looking upon a beautiful thing, but the leer of a (what my daughters call) a creeper. I shoot them the "I'll kill you" eyes and have yet to have one confront me.

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 11:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post

Yeah you totally need to study MA for that ****.

Also as a creepy guy, I am offended.
    The exemplar in the pic has obviously been self-aggrandizing, calorie by calorie, for years.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 12:37pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Good stuff there. As a father to a couple of beautiful girls, I see the creepy ones. Not the glance of men looking upon a beautiful thing, but the leer of a (what my daughters call) a creeper.
    Just understand that to your daughters (and all women) a creeper is a guy who leers at them inappropriately. A "great guy" is a guy who leers at them inappropriately but is good looking.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Just understand that to your daughters (and all women) a creeper is a guy who leers at them inappropriately. A "great guy" is a guy who leers at them inappropriately but is good looking.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f76_1323277426
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast