Page 19 of 19 First ... 91516171819

Thread: IBJJF Decoded

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Started View Post
    The prices showing know are much cheaper from what I recall 2-3 years ago for black belt. I recall it being something around $2k to start with the $400 yearly.

For school association I recall seeing $2500 or so then there was a yearly fee for the school.

I wish I had screen shot this data years back. On the bright side it looks like things are changing and becoming reasonable. This doesn't discount this thread as it is possible the thread has something to do with the lower cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dr. Murphy is a 3rd degree black belt. Ask him but I don't think that is correct.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To get an IBJJF black belt certificate,I paid $400,

Around $70 for a ref course (I usually go once a year or once every two years anyway),

The cost of a first aid and cpr certification (I keep this current anyway),

And I think like $30 for a background check.

The yearly fee is low enough (less than $200 a year) that I frankly don't remember what it is.

I am registered as an independent, head of my own team.

Although lord knows the herd of cats that are black belts registered under my lineage all are encouraged to think for themselves, and to disregard anything I say that the group feels is stupid or not in the best interest of everybody.

A few of them have formed their own teams under the IBJJF, with my full encouragement, and they report their experience with the IBJJF has been much the same.

And really all the black belts that have registered for blackbelt certs under the IBJJF on my signature have had a similar $400 and some change upfront and them pittance yearly IBJJF fees in any to stay active.

I am not poo-poohing that Jordan had some kind of bad experience with somebody,

But I can only say that Jordan's IBJJF experience was not congruent with any IBJJF experience that I ever had them.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    To get an IBJJF black belt certificate,I paid $400,

Around $70 for a ref course (I usually go once a year or once every two years anyway),

The cost of a first aid and cpr certification (I keep this current anyway),

And I think like $30 for a background check.

The yearly fee is low enough (less than $200 a year) that I frankly don't remember what it is.

I am registered as an independent, head of my own team.

Although lord knows the herd of cats that are black belts registered under my lineage all are encouraged to think for themselves, and to disregard anything I say that the group feels is stupid or not in the best interest of everybody.

A few of them have formed their own teams under the IBJJF, with my full encouragement, and they report their experience with the IBJJF has been much the same.

And really all the black belts that have registered for blackbelt certs under the IBJJF on my signature have had a similar $400 and some change upfront and them pittance yearly IBJJF fees in any to stay active.

I am not poo-poohing that Jordan had some kind of bad experience with somebody,

But I can only say that Jordan's IBJJF experience was not congruent with any IBJJF experience that I ever had them.
    " Although lord knows the herd of cats that are black belts registered under my lineage......"
    it's pretty fucked up to insinuate your students are a bunch of pussies. I expected more from you Dr.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    " Although lord knows the herd of cats that are black belts registered under my lineage......"
    it's pretty fucked up to insinuate your students are a bunch of pussies. I expected more from you Dr.
    If they are, blame the teacher.

But they're not, and the credit is all theirs.

No one can compete or roll for another.

Page 19 of 19 First ... 91516171819