Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how you have latched onto budget, that's pretty damn funny.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I like how you have latched onto budget, that's pretty damn funny.
    It's one of the first things that came to mind. Thought that perhaps a big CGI explosion might have been cheaper than a big CGI explosion with a big CGI alien and all that entails.

Then again, the fact that ending in the comic series makes a lot more sense than the ending in the movie is what matters.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzis View Post
    I want a Superman: Red Son adaptation.
    Or Superman : Sacrifice - that would be cool.
    Get to see Wonder Woman kill that little goof Maxwell Lord on screen.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    It's one of the first things that came to mind. Thought that perhaps a big CGI explosion might have been cheaper than a big CGI explosion with a big CGI alien and all that entails.
    Right, they couldn't spare money after wagging that big blue penis all over the screen.

Then again, the fact that ending in the comic series makes a lot more sense than the ending in the movie is what matters.
    Oh, that's cute your opinion is the only one that matters. LOL. No, the only fact in this discussion is people disagree on How great a story Watchmen is, the genius or overrating of Alan More and that people disagree which ending is better.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, they couldn't spare money after wagging that big blue penis all over the screen.
    To be fair, there was really no way to avoid that. After all, he is a nudist.

Oh, that's cute your opinion is the only one that matters. LOL. No, the only fact in this discussion is people disagree on How great a story Watchmen is, the genius or overrating of Alan More and that people disagree which ending is better.
    That wasn't intended to mean that my opinion is the only one that matters. I'm just waiting for someone to break down how Snyders ending makes more sense than Moores ending.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:40pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    I'm just waiting for someone to break down how Snyders ending makes more sense than Moores ending.
    No, you are waiting for someone to break it down in a way you like. Yes, that is me being a pedant, but
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Jon's assistance was merely condensing Lori's subplot. There was too much material to cover in a feature-film, and I commend Snyder for knowing exactly which elements would make for the best movie. Not every character got fully developed, but I knew going in that there was never going to be enough time for it, so I was OK with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozz
    I think the ending was changed to appeal to a wider audience who would have found the original conclusion from the comic book 'weird' or even 'stupid'.
    See Scrapper's post..
    Welllllll........No, not really.

For me, he modernized the ending as that story was written at the height of the Cold War. Alan Moore's ending made sense at that time, when I was younger, where as now "wider audience." It was basically a nod toward terrorism and people we trust making bad decisions and engaging in conspiracies.. Anyway that's how it felt to me.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 6:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you are waiting for someone to break it down in a way you like. Yes, that is me being a pedant, but

Welllllll........No, not really.

For me, he modernized the ending as that story was written at the height of the Cold War. Alan Moore's ending made sense at that time, when I was younger, where as now "wider audience." It was basically a nod toward terrorism and people we trust making bad decisions and engaging in conspiracies.. Anyway that's how it felt to me.
    That's why I don't like Snyders ending. While I appreciate Snyder trying to give viewers a sense of something they can appreciate, I just couldn't buy Jon suddenly turning into 'antagonist against the human race'. It felt incredibly forced to me especially in light of Jon's character. Perhaps I'm over thinking it and perhaps I'm biased by how much I loved the 'Watchmen' comic series. It's not that I want someone breaking it down in a way that I like; rather, it's about what makes sense. If the sense of Snyders ending is predicated by his want to create 'wider appeal' by offering an ending that he felt more people could appreciate than I'm still disappointed.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see a panel-by-panel adaptation of Maximum Carnage. **** you, audience.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 6:37pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you get a 85% faithful movie quit over thinking things. In my estimation, Watchmen and Punisher Warzone have the BEST representation and faithfulness to the comic book and character they represent. Not saying they are the best of the genre, but I look at those and say "damn they nailed those characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I want to see a panel-by-panel adaptation of Maximum Carnage. **** you, audience.
    They'll **** it up like they did Venom in Spider Man 3. The original Venom story could have been a trilogy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 6:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to awesome fights.
    Zeus vs Hulk.

Yes, as a Hulk fan I was happy. WWH? Maybe. Regular Hulk? The above is exactly how it should go.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast