Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 8:57am

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The movie ending was better, and made more sense.

Jon's assistance was merely condensing Lori's subplot. There was too much material to cover in a feature-film, and I commend Snyder for knowing exactly which elements would make for the best movie. Not every character got fully developed, but I knew going in that there was never going to be enough time for it, so I was OK with it.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I know many a comic nerd that swears by the show. I have never read Green Arrow.
    It's okay. They're trying way too hard to make Green Arrow into The Dark Knight, which has come at the cost of Green Arrow's two biggest assets: his beard and his personality. I realize that Green Arrow has a long and proud tradition of being a knockoff of Batman, but they lost a lot of things that made him unique.
    That said, I still enjoy it and follow, and I like the way they've reinterpreted a lot of the mythology of Green Arrow. They've done a good job at pulling out themes and ideas from the comics (social justice and class warfare, Ollie''s constant betraying of the confidence of his allies, etc.) without just mimicking storylines. In some cases, I enjoy the versions of the characters from the show (Merlyn, Deathstroke) better than those from the comics.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Second, there was no reason to change up the ending. The only reason I can fathom as to why that decision was made involves budget constraints. If that is what predicated the change than I suppose I can forgive it but I was still disappointed.
    I think the ending was changed to appeal to a wider audience who would have found the original conclusion from the comic book 'weird' or even 'stupid'.
    See Scrapper's post..

Not every character got fully developed, but I knew going in that there was never going to be enough time for it, so I was OK with it.
    This is an absolutely essential approach to watching comic-book films. As a comic reader you need to accept this as a fact of the matter when it comes to the difference between mediums and deal with it, or you will never be able to enjoy these movies. Not just as it pertains to character development, but to a whole lot of things.
    I like it when the screenwriters give a nod to some smaller details or obscure items that only a comic reader would know. Even something as simple as dropping a name or a quick reference to something, it shows that they are keeping the comic book fans in mind when developing their screenplays and I appreciate that.
    Some of us have been waiting thirty years or longer to see things like Spider-Man on the big screen done really well, and in many ways, it has been worth the wait.
    Last edited by OZZ; 12/10/2013 11:49am at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as Arrow is concerned, I am wondering if they will touch on the 'sidekick/ward turns into a junkie ' concept from the comics.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 12:08pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Second, there was no reason to change up the ending. .
    Do you think the ending of Fight Club needed to be changed? Now, Alan Moore was going to hate Watchmen no matter what it was on film. He's just one of those hater geniuses who uses his haterness to do amazing things. He hates all comic movies though, regardless, and seems to hate every person who ever liked one. That's just Alan Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Palahniuk
    Now that I see the movie, especially when I sat down with Jim Uhls and record a commentary track for the DVD, I was sort of embarrassed of the book, because the movie had streamlined the plot and made it so much more effective and made connections that I had never thought to make.
    But Palahniuk seems to understand that film is different, and seems to think the "more heroic" ending of the movie worked better for a movie than the "insane guy talking to God in an asylum" would have.

--Dagon Akujin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 12:10pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want a Superman: Red Son adaptation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 12:11pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzis View Post
    I want a Superman: Red Son adaptation.
    That would be awesome.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 1:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want a Kingdom Come Adaptation.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    The movie ending was better, and made more sense.
    I wouldn't qualify the movie ending as better; maybe cheaper in the effects department but not better. What about it made more sense than the way the comic series ended?

Jon's assistance was merely condensing Lori's subplot. There was too much material to cover in a feature-film, and I commend Snyder for knowing exactly which elements would make for the best movie. Not every character got fully developed, but I knew going in that there was never going to be enough time for it, so I was OK with it.
    That's just it, though...it didn't condense Lori's subplot; rather, it ruined the integrity of her subplot and robbed Lori of an important moment. Sure, there was really no way for Snyder to fully explore every character-we would have had a four hour movie-but that particular scene didn't require such a drastic change.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin View Post
    Do you think the ending of Fight Club needed to be changed? Now, Alan Moore was going to hate Watchmen no matter what it was on film. He's just one of those hater geniuses who uses his haterness to do amazing things. He hates all comic movies though, regardless, and seems to hate every person who ever liked one. That's just Alan Moore.
    First off, I can't say whether or not the ending to 'Fight Club' should have been changed as I haven't read the novel. Second, what does Alan Moore's opinion have to do with mine? Yes, it's true he pretty much hates seeing his comics turned into films and never has a nice thing to say about them. That, however, has nothing to do with my opinion of 'Watchmen'. As I sad previously, aside from the two complaints I have, I thought 'Watchmen' was brilliant.

--Dagon Akujin[/QUOTE]
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast