• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 2:11pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    WTF are you guys talking about? The chick they picked for the movie is hot. What else do you want in a movie? You want realistic? Really? You watch that movie if they put Cyborg in it? No. **** realistic, let me watch a hot chick in a movie.

And superman killing Zod was cool. Let him not act like a little bitch for once.
    I always figured Cyborg for She-Hulk, but honestly I think she's too fucking ugly even for that.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 3:17pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cyborg is likely going to be in this movie or the next one according to Henry Cavill.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Call me when they finally get around to making the Ragman movie.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see an AMAZON though, not a waif. Wonder Woman is all about strength and ferocity. She is a killer and warrior. She needs to look like one. If she doesn't, it just won't work for me.
    Agreed.
    Remember, the casting is important because the chances are good that the actors behind the masks in these movies (Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, Reynolds etc.) are most likely going to be the one's who will portray these characters in the JLA movie.
    They still have to find someone for The Flash..
    People..people..people..
    Watchmen sucked as a comic book ? The movie sucked ?
    Zack Snyder sucks as a director ?
    What have you boys been sniffing ?

Watchmen is one of the most intelligently written series of comic books ever produced. Alan Moore was exploring themes well ahead of other people in the medium at the time Watchmen was written. I actually thought the ending in the movie was better than the conclusion in the comics.

300 was a just a plain fun movie.
    The comics aren't really that fantastic, actually.
    300 Rise Of An Empire - which tells the story of the Battle of Salamis is due out soon, and I'm betting it is going to be pretty good.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 1:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watchmen is over-rated.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check it out. This is a trailer for movie, starring person:

Not looking forward to this one, but Paul Giamatti as the Rhino sounds fucking hilarious so I'll give it a watch. Anybody here see Win Win? The dude who played the wrestler beat one of my junior college teammates in the NJ state finals. Cool to see him play such an awesome role alongside such an awesome actor.

Anyway, seeing as how we're on the subject of comic books and ****, I was wondering what everybody's favorite comic book fights are?

Spider-Man vs. The Foreigner in Spectacular Spider-Man #129.

Finding a Spider-Man back issue written by Peter David is like finding an onion ring in your french fries. It's better than sex. The Foreigner was a James Bondian supervillain whom Spidey had just learned was fucking his girlfriend at the time, the Black Cat. When Spidey went over to his penthouse to waste the non-powered assassin, however, he soon realized the Foreigner possessed such a prodigious amount of skill that he was easily a match for the webslinger.

Magneto beats the **** out of the Avengers in Super-Villain Team Up #14.

Dr. Doom takes over the minds of everybody in the world, but still wants to **** with people for sport. After humiliating Magneto in Latveria, he gives humanity a chance by allowing him to get help and try to defeat him. Magneto heads off to seek the Avengers, but when he finds them he's forced to attack because they assume he's invading their mansion. He effortlessly dominates all of them before getting sucker punched by the Beast (At the time, an Avenger).

Daredevil vs. Punisher in Daredevil #184.

Frank Miller followed up his god-smashing Elektra storyline with another pretty awesome arc pitting Daredevil against the Punisher. Both heroes are trying to bring in a drug dealer who has his men push the junk on little kids. Daredevil wants to bring him in legally, while the Punisher wants to execute him. This doesn't bode well with Murdock, who tries to stop the Punisher twice but gets thumped on both occasions. Finally, after seemingly calling a truce with Castle, he takes a pistol off a gunned down mobster and just shoots the Punisher before he has time to draw. Daredevil got **** done that day.

Superduperman vs. Captain Marbles in Mad #4.

People talk a lot about Superman's battle with Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come, which was great, but the first time the characters crossed hands was in the pages of Mad (Then a comic book rather than a magazine). Fawcett Comic's Captain Marvel was a blatant ripoff of the Man of Steel, but had managed to outstrip Supes in popularity for years until DC finally managed to sue for infringement in the 1950's. The satirical fight reflects the contentious legal battle between the two companies. You can read the whole thing here:

http://whatwoodwallydo.blogspot.com/...rduperman.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 2:24pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Superman vs. The Elite from Action Comics #775. Seeing how scary Superman can be when he gets really angry was awesome.

X-Men vs. The Shi'ar Imperial Guard in Uncanny X-Men #136. Talk about an epic conclusion to one of the best X-men stories of all time!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering what everybody's favorite comic book fights are?
    Like everyone here, I have several.
    Here is one that has been on my list since I was about eight years old, and still stands as one of my all-time faves from the Marvel Universe.
    Doc Samson Vs The Rhino waaaay back in Incredible Hulk #218
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inc. Hulk 218.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	15655

It takes place in an abandoned mining town, where the Rhino is holed up after derailing a train to steal a package on board for whoever hired him out this particular time.
    Name:  DocSamson_vs_Rhino.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  65.9 KB
    Its a great slug-fest with Samson and the brute Rhino smashing each other through walls and knocking each other around until finally one of them (guess who ?) ends up falling down into an old, dried-up well.
    Great fight.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 2:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another good one from ASM is when Spidey had to try and stop The Juggernaut. A tall order for The X-Men, let alone poor old web-head all on his own !
    Amazing Spider-Man #230

Name:	ASM #230.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	15657

Spider-Man has had to face-off against pretty much every baddie from the Marvel Universe at one point or another, and always finds a way to come out on top.
    Its hard to fathom why the Kingpin can give Spidey the kind of competition toe-to-toe that he seems to be able to when you consider Spider-Man's superior strength. I guess we have to assume he is always pulling his punches against the tough, but very mortal Wilson Fisk.
    They have had some doozies over the years, but this one is still my favorite. It takes place in the Kingpin's Mansion :

Name:	AMAZINGSPIDERMAN197.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	15658

I will be back with my DC favorites later...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 2:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggle Butt View Post
    Cyborg is likely going to be in this movie or the next one according to Henry Cavill.
    A good character to try and nab the 1st app. of if you can while its still affordable...
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast