Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 1:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggle Butt View Post
    Man of Steel was awesome and Watchmen sucked as a comic book anyway.
    For 45 minutes at any rate.

LionKnight bumped his head. There are specific things to read in the last 10 years. Pick the wrong story and he'll look like an idiot.

Superman got married, raised a Kid, still feels guilty about the one character he killed and went for a terrible year long walk. He is still Batman's foil even in the reboot new 52.

The Superman in this Movie is Closer to the new 52 version than anything in the last 10 years that doesn't involve some form of stupid mind control retcon.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/06/2013 12:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 2:10am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    For 45 minutes at any rate.

NeilG bumped his head. There are specific things to read in the last 10 years. Pick the wrong story and he'll look like an idiot.
    DC comics has kinda take a turn for the stupid in recent years (citation: The New 52). My introduction to Superman came inn the form of the original Richard Donner movies and I and I got into comics by reading compilations of golden.silver age DC st, so I understand that I might have a rather dated impression of what Superman is supposed to be. That being said, even in his more recent and darker stories, he has avoided killing at all costs. A lot of people were not happy with Superman killing Zod in Man of Steel, and with good reason: doing so was completely out of character for Superman, and the fact that there were several other ways that he could have resolved the situation without killing Zod doesn't make it any better.

Also, the rest of the plot of Man of Steel was made out of pure stupid.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 9:08am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF are you guys talking about? The chick they picked for the movie is hot. What else do you want in a movie? You want realistic? Really? You watch that movie if they put Cyborg in it? No. **** realistic, let me watch a hot chick in a movie.

And superman killing Zod was cool. Let him not act like a little bitch for once.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 9:39am

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, for one, love Zack Snyder movies.

• Sucker Punch was his weakest one, and even that was OK. He totally screwed up the pacing and narrative and left us with a confusing bit of action eye candy that had no point.
    • Watchmen is a goddamn masterpiece, and I loved the Comics. If you don't get why Snyder's Watchmen is awesome, you are just a broken sad person.
    • 300 was as much fun as I've ever had in a movie theater. Period.
    • Man of Steel was the best Superman movie to date. Period. It was true to the modern Superman mythos, and gave us the superman brawl we have wanted on screen for 70 goddamn years. Cavil is the most believable Superman since Chris Reeves.

Now, the casting for this next one has me very nervous. I am not in love with Afleck as Batman, but he has shown good acting chops in the past. His Daredevil was awful, though. Gadot does not look like Wonder Woman to me. But if she adds 30 lbs of muscle, she could. I want to see an AMAZON though, not a waif. Wonder Woman is all about strength and ferocity. She is a killer and warrior. She needs to look like one. If she doesn't, it just won't work for me.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 10:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    DC comics has kinda take a turn for the stupid in recent years (citation: The New 52). My introduction to Superman came inn the form of the original Richard Donner movies and I and I got into comics by reading compilations of golden.silver age DC st, so I understand that I might have a rather dated impression of what Superman is supposed to be. That being said, even in his more recent and darker stories, he has avoided killing at all costs. A lot of people were not happy with Superman killing Zod in Man of Steel, and with good reason: doing so was completely out of character for Superman, and the fact that there were several other ways that he could have resolved the situation without killing Zod doesn't make it any better.

Superman ALWAYS kills Zod and anyone who was upset about it is a fucking idiot. I'm looking at you, Mark Waid. Zod is the reason why Superman decides not to kill. It's completely in caharacter.

I love Christopher Reeve as much as the next Superman fan, but the Richard Donner movies are ridiculously stupid, and comparing them to Man of Steel is dumb.

Let me fly around the world backwards now to change selective history. That's a worse character move than killing Zod.

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 11:33am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post

Yeah that golden age Superman was such a saint...

or maybe your thinking of this guy,,,,

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 11:51am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH an LOL@She's Hot DT. If I go off how she looked in Fast 6, Id' be complaining as well. Fast 6 has worried some people. She was EXTREMELY Skinny, to the point people were commenting on it DURING the movie. Yes, it was pretty bad. So, I understand the initial reaction, but people need to calm down.

Not many people are complaining about Chris Evans now as Captain America and he was:

I remember when everyone **** Bricks when this guy was cast as Wolverine:

Basically it is similar to this guy if you only saw this movie:

For This Superhero:

I've learned that if the person is serious, anyone can work a good role.

300 Hundred was Fun.
    Sucker Punch was terrible outside of the Quests, but you could see potential.
    Superman was a good start. It reminded me of the first X-Men movie. A little Off and silly, but a mostly fun to watch.
    Considering how bad 1,3,4 and Stalker Superman were I'm not complaining. At least I agree with Jiggle Butt assesment of GG.
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 12/06/2013 12:21pm at .

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 12:10pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    NeilG bumped his head.
    ? I haven't even replied here yet.

I liked the first half of MOS, epic battle at the end was a loud waste of time. I've never read Superman, just judging the movie on its own merits.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 12:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry dude, I was reading your post and this thread at the same time. Now, I have to make sure I didn't put LK's name if I posted a response to you.

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 1:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    Another tiny little shrimp of a woman cast as an ass-kicking hero. When will we get more films like Haywire, in which the female character actually looks physically capable of doing the things she is shown doing?
    At least...um..."Gal Godot" won't need to bulk up that aerodynamic schnozz. Should help trim the movie's budget on any flying scenes.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast