Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2013 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - Dec. 6, 2013

Okay folks this Friday we get to see what may be some career defining fights. I'm mostly looking at Shogun a loss wouldn't bode well for his future and possibly if Te Huna losses. He might be relegated to can status. Here's the full line up catch the main action on fox sports 1.

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Heavyweight Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
    Light Heavyweight Maurício Rua vs. James Te Huna
    Light Heavyweight Ryan Bader vs. Anthony Perosh
    Heavyweight Pat Barry vs. Soa Palelei
    Middleweight Dylan Andrews vs. Clint Hester
    Women's Bantamweight Julie Kedzie vs. Bethe Correia
    Preliminary card (Fox Sports 2)
    Bantamweight Takeya Mizugaki vs. Nam Phan
    Middleweight Nick Ring vs. Caio Magalhaes
    Flyweight Richie Vaculik vs. Justin Scoggins
    Middleweight Bruno Santos vs. Krzysztof Jotko
    Preliminary card (Online)
    Welterweight Ben Wall vs. Alex Garcia

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/02/2013 10:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hot damn im looking forward to this in a big way. Mark Hunt is a goddamn legend to me. I used to stay up late with my dad watching the k-1 events when i was a kid, watching these guys from little NZ like Ray Sefo, Jordan Tai (who i get to train with now), Mark Hunt and Doug Viney (who is now one of my coaches) drop bombs on some unsuspecting honkys.

I never got to meet Ray Sefo, but Ive met mark Hunt a bunch of times (he does his strength training with Alex Flint, a colleague of mine, and Lollo Heimuli, who coached me for about 5 years) and he is just the nicest, craziest bastard. This is a guy who came to our kickboxing gym when his back so jacked he could barely walk and spent hours talking to us, sharing what he knew, taking silly pictures and so on despite obviously being in agony. If you arent rooting for him on the 7th youre a goddamn infidel and deserve nothing but contempt.

Posted On:
    12/03/2013 5:47am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hunt is indeed the lovable-est guy to ever enter the fight game. From his awesome one-word interview responses to his impervious iron skull to his boss awesome KO walkaways, it is very hard not to love him.

So I'm as sad as anyone that Silva's going to take him down early in the first or second round and TKO or submit him. Silva is twice his size, twice the grappler and Hunt's TDD isn't good enough for him to stay standing.

As for the other fights I care about, I actually expect Rua to lose. Despite being really tough and with heavy hands Te Huna isn't top-ranked material, but Rua is far past his prime and I expect him to lose the decision.

Bader smacks Perosh in the 2nd round. He's a far better competitor and Perosh is going to be humiliated in front of his countrymen.

Don't know who Pat Barry is fighting but Pat Barry wil lose because Pat Barry isn't UFC material no matter how much fun he is to watch.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 5:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Online prelims at 5:30 central on facebook and hopefully youtube almost time!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 9:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex Garcia via hands of stone dude got knocked the **** out. Jotko after a nice striking fight takes the dec, it was nice watching him beat a beast sub attempt. Don't know about these refs judging when the fighter can't fight back. The Scoggins stoppage was very questionable to me. Magalhaes in a long protracted fight and he takes it, it was fun to see Jon Jones next opponent in his corner. Mizugaki by dec not a surprise all those take downs and dropping Phan a few times.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2013 10:06pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correia takes it gotta say it's time for Kedzie to hang it up she can't even beat the new fish they tried feeding her. The beast Lester takes it via doc stoppage I like them both so had no preference but it was sad to see the emotional Kiwi go down. That's all the spoilers from me gents Dracula and drunken Kung Fu movies are a Friday night institution for me later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 12:34am

Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn that fight with Hunt and Bigfoot was a fight for the ages. I'll watch every fight Mark Hunt is in.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 12:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eat it up. Told y'all he is the real deal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 2:06am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hunt and Silva... Wow.
    I pity anyone who missed that fight.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/07/2013 5:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight of the year candidate to say the least (although I think Gus vs Jones will still cinch it). 100% pure awesome.

Also, what a sweet ass KO from Shogun. He seemed leaner and a lot more into it than what I remember from his recent matches. Also did you notice his final jumping "IMMA **** YOU UP HENDO STYLE, SON" punch landed on the mat on purpose? Shogun showing you can have restraint while still showing ref that this fight ends here and now.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast