Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/02/2013 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I worked security, I carried one of those big bludgeoney maglights but I also carried a small pen light for actual flashlight usage for reading signs, reports etc. A super bright light is usually not necessary and fucks up your night vision, so I actually preferred a smaller dimmer one.

Some recommend wrapping the sides of your maglight batteries in electrical tape to take out any extra space and make it a little more solid.

When I go adventuring at night I usually carry a slim penlight clipped to my left front pocket.

Posted On:
    12/02/2013 3:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I really know is when we had the surefire vendor come in he showed us some freaking bright as the sun flashlight. It was painfully bright even with your eyes closed. Now you wouldn't want to go around hitting people with it as it was quite expensive but I am pretty damn sure it would blind the hell out of someone at night. I think the thing was like 1000 Lumens.

All things considered though I think I would still rather hit them with ASP OC spray.

Posted On:
    12/02/2013 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a 2 cell LED Maglite, i can see the fence 100 yds away with it, so that seems sufficient.
    The battery life is ridiculous on that thing, can't recall last time i changed them and i use it pretty regularly.
    I like the size and power of some of the little tactical lights, but the burn times tend to be really short, so they're not really a suitable replacement for a larger light.

I've seen a few versions of this lately,:

Posted On:
    12/02/2013 3:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It think it's a great idea.

After you defend yourself with it you can work out all that adrenaline and tension by using it to relieve your raging kill-boner. It's way more satisfying than your hand or the twisted, calloused mitts of a homeless drug addict

Also, the more times you've sexed it, the better it becomes as a deterrent against attack. Nobody wants a stanky old toss toy up in their face. That ****'s more repellent than mace!

Oh wait...

...just re-read the title of this thread. "Flash" light. Though it said something else...

Posted On:
    12/03/2013 5:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    It think it's a great idea.

After you defend yourself with it you can work out all that adrenaline and tension by using it to relieve your raging kill-boner. It's way more satisfying than your hand or the twisted, calloused mitts of a homeless drug addict

Also, the more times you've sexed it, the better it becomes as a deterrent against attack. Nobody wants a stanky old toss toy up in their face. That ****'s more repellent than mace!

Oh wait...

...just re-read the title of this thread. "Flash" light. Though it said something else...
    That ribbed flashlight...it hurt you, didn't it?

But did it hurt nice?

Feeling a bit--wide?

No problem: we're not here to judge. Those sutures should come out on their own. That smile, though--you'll be wearing that a lot longer.

Posted On:
    12/03/2013 6:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    That ribbed flashlight...it hurt you, didn't it?

But did it hurt nice?

Feeling a bit--wide?

No problem: we're not here to judge. Those sutures should come out on their own. That smile, though--you'll be wearing that a lot longer.
    Yeah yeah, it's all fun and games till some goon pulls one on you at the club.

Lets see you talk big with a used flesh light all up in your grill! :p

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2013 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 12:44am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The biggest advantage you have is that with a torch you engage the guy from further away. This generally stops the confrontation right there.

So you dont have to walk up to a guy to see what he is up to.

If they made a million lumin torch I would probably get it.

The strobe is increadably hit and miss. But gets a laugh if you shine it over your own head and do the running man.

I have a nitecore job. With rechargables. 18650 Lasts a couple of shifts.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 12/04/2013 12:48am at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I have a 2 cell LED Maglite, i can see the fence 100 yds away with it, so that seems sufficient.
    The battery life is ridiculous on that thing, can't recall last time i changed them and i use it pretty regularly.
    I like the size and power of some of the little tactical lights, but the burn times tend to be really short, so they're not really a suitable replacement for a larger light.

I've seen a few versions of this lately,:
    I've got one of those. It works well, and is pretty fun at parties. I've tased myself with it and it's not too bad, but get's your attention.

When I worked at the prison, we had those 4 cell mag lights. Walk through a dorm a night doing checks and it is pretty nice to have one with you. Hit someone with one, and they won't forget it. Also it has a little reach on you. So if someone comes at you with a shank, it's a lot better to have that Mag light than nothing.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    12/04/2013 2:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Yeah yeah, it's all fun and games till some goon pulls one on you at the club.
    No. that's when the fun and games start.

Lets see you talk big with a used flesh light all up in your grill! :p
    No need: I can use the "quote" function as soon as someone else starts doing that.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast