Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gennady Golovkin

I may or may not be late to the party on this one, but I just watched a fighter by the name of Gennady Golovkin destroy a very decent middleweight named Matthew Macklin. Golovkin put him away with a liver shot in the 3rd round.
    This boxer from Kazakhstan now has a 27-0 record with 24 KOs. And if you haven't heard of him, I think you will soon.
    He may run into some difficulty if/when he runs into a slippery defensive fighter with some power of his own. But this guy's style is what stood out to me, very effective at cutting the ring off on his opponents and his power is downright scary. You could see the apprehensiveness on Macklin's face after eating Golovkin's first power shot at the end of the 1st..
    Anyways..just a heads up if you haven't heard of him. his KO percentage is impressive and something about him seems to stand out to me.
    Boxing fans take note. Those body shots are brutal..
    Here's a bit of a commentary on the fight. I couldn't find the actual fight on youtube yet

Here's a career highlight reel as well

I don't follow boxing as closely as I used to but, has anyone else noticed this guy ?
    Eddie ? IIF? Tranquil ?
    Last edited by OZZ; 7/29/2013 9:19pm at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 10:37pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep now that my dvr is 70% free I've got to start watching boxing again...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2014 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another win..this guy is one of the best PFP in the world right now and is on his way to becoming an all-time great.
    http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=442788
    What makes it better is he is exciting to watch, not boring like some other Slavic fighters who shall remain nameless.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    2/09/2014 1:16pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OZZ

Yeah, he's one to watch. He's been featured in Boxing News (UK weekly) for some time. I was watching him last week but haven't seen the full Macklin fight yet as it wasn't on Box Nation and was probably on SKY - which I don't subscribe to because I can't stand that **** Murdoch.

Cheers

OZZ

Yeah, he's one to watch. He's been featured in Boxing News (UK weekly) for some time. I was watching him last week but haven't seen the full Macklin fight yet as it wasn't on Box Nation and was probably on SKY - which I don't subscribe to because I can't stand that **** Murdoch.

Cheers