Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    y
    If stocks are how the rich are getting richer than everyone should be doing them.
    Well you are already off then. Unless of course you are buying a micro trading server that is right next to the wall street exchange then yes stocks will make you rich.

The problem with trading of any kind is you really have to have SIZE to matter.
    In fact a lot of trading is simply done on size. Having enough size to move the market about.

Making 12-15% return as a day trader isn't bad mind you but its not going to make you rich.

Owning a small buisness is a much better path to wealth. Margins on goods and services tend to be much higher than margins on stocks.

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously go look at the truely wealthy those that top Forbes billionaire list one thing you will see in common is that the vast majority of them started businesses.
    Look at the list of fortune 500 companies.
    Many of them started out in someones garage (or equivalent).

Seriously go look at the truely wealthy those that top Forbes billionaire list one thing you will see in common is that the vast majority of them started businesses.
    Look at the list of fortune 500 companies.
    Many of them started out in someones garage (or equivalent)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 4:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No such thing as the perfect economic system, in which individual effort is rewarded but everybody ends up with the same wealth. Wealth inequality can be moderated thru such means as tax codes, nationalized health insurance, etc., but ultimately we're either going to have a free market and unequal distribution, or state ownership of wealth and all the loss of personal freedom that comes with that. Pick one.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    No such thing as the perfect economic system, in which individual effort is rewarded but everybody ends up with the same wealth. Wealth inequality can be moderated thru such means as tax codes, nationalized health insurance, etc., but ultimately we're either going to have a free market and unequal distribution, or state ownership of wealth and all the loss of personal freedom that comes with that. Pick one.
    It's not one or the other. Please read up a bit on Iceland.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well there's nothing wrong with wealth inequality in of itself.
    Its the scale of the inequality that is the issue here.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Well there's nothing wrong with wealth inequality in of itself.
    Its the scale of the inequality that is the issue here.
    Who gets to decide what is the proper scale to be "enforced," and how is the decision made?

Yours truly

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Some of the hardest working people are the lowest paid, and some of the richest people barely have to work to rake it in.
    Most of those hardest working people have **** spending habits or just have plain bad luck. Its not about simply working hard. Its about working harder, smarter, or doing it otherwise better than the next guy. Most rich people work fucking hard, or made insane sacrifices to get to where they are. Some have super elite families guaranteeing their success but those aren't as common as you think.

Vast, vast vast majority of people get what they work for, though not necessarily what they deserve. Working insanely hard at the rat race with no potential isn't working hard for upward mobility (that only exists if your economy has an incredible boom over several decades, those days are done). You could be the hardest working guy but if you do not make good choices in your business, or move over to something where growth is possible, you'll never get there.

Honestly, for most people upward mobility isn't really for them. It takes too much work, too much sacrifices, and too much risk. Its not for everyone. Based on what I'm going through, I think most people that I personally know would rather not do what I'm doing and will be happier just being content with their normal jobs. And I don't blame them.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 12/10/2013 5:28pm at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who gets to decide what is the proper scale to be "enforced," and how is the decision made?
    We as a society that is for the people by the people get to make that choice. How that decision is made is by discourse and debate. This is ultimately what politics always comes down to. We use to have no income tax then at some point it has been as high as 91% but typically tittered around 70% on the highest earners.
    Now it runs ~40%. Although that number is largely skewed because capital gains tax is much lower than income tax at ~15%.

So lets not sit here and act like these decisions are not made and lets not sit here and act like they are written in stone. If enough people get off their asses, educate themeselves on the issue and have real discourse amongst ourselves about how we as a society want to handle this problem it can be done.

Oh wait Ancient Aliens is on History Channel, Honey Boo Boo is on The Learning Channel, Blowing **** up in slow motion is on the discovery channel. Yeah we as a people are pretty damn fucked. People are fucking stupid this is made even worse by the fact that you can go out and find evidence to support your position for any position if you don't mind ignoring all the logical fallacies.

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 5:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Honestly, for most people upward mobility isn't really for them. It takes too much work, too much sacrifices, and too much risk. Its not for everyone. Based on what I'm going through, I think most people that I personally know would rather not do what I'm doing and will be happier just being content with their normal jobs. And I don't blame them.
    I think its simply more of not knowing what to do. I work nights so I get to see daytime TV and ****.
    Its even evident in the discusion here. You already had one guy that is like hey you want to be rich buy stocks. NO, you buy stocks once you are rich.
    First concept of being rich and I mean really rich, not Dr or Lawyer rich but actually rich.

You are not going to do it by working for someone else. You simply not going to do it by having a "job". Sure you can be well off working for someone else. Yes their are exceptions such as being their at a startup that goes public. Or being a C level executive. To become rich you have to create your own wealth.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2013 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    It's not one or the other. Please read up a bit on Iceland.
    Not sure what you mean. Iceland has free economic system. Like other northern European countries, Iceland spends a good portion of their tax revenues on social programs, but property rights are strong in Iceland.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast