Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    5/30/2004 9:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    John C. Kim is in SD, if you want to learn how to fall from 11 story buildings and such. That's sort of their headquarters. After a couple years, you might even get the chance to run some new people through free lessons and creep them out with your cultie stare.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2004 10:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by PHILBERT
    Avoid Tae Kwon Do and Karate schools for the most part, they tend to be the biggest black belt factories. And if you visit and they have a dozen people (or some high number) of black belts there, probably a McDojo. If people are getting black belts in a couple of years (2-3) McDojo.
    Yeah well, no. Both of the Kyokushin dojos I worked out in had a large % bb. But in these cases it was just because most beginners couldn't take it and most serious people found what they liked and never left. That said, of course karate has a lot of baloney schools.

You might check out 'Kara-ho Chinese Kempo
    Grandmaster Chow's original style taught by Grandmaster Sam Kuoha. This is a great resource for those interested in the Kara-ho tradition. They're based out of San Diego' ... that's what the internet says.

or this sounds like they must know some Philipino stick stuff?

ADC Tactical Self Defense Systems
    The home page of my friend Sensei Dave Modzak, eskrimadoro (expert stick fighter). His school is based out of the Boys and Girls Club of Imperial Beach, San Diego. He's the principle sponsor of the Imperial Beach Open tournament every October.

and because I'm an old Kajukenbo guy...
    Karazenpo Go Shinjutsu Black Belt Society
    Windsor Institute of Self Defense
    Chief Instructor: Sifu Duke Windsor
    701 Seventh Ave. #101
    San Diego, CA
    Phone: (619) 232-8208
    windsor99@hotmail.com
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2004 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I asked some Kajukenbo guys @ schools in your area. . There was Larry Guataotao, but he's passed away...

That comment about Kali and Kajukenbo was meant to be a little funny, though there is truth in it. I'll see if there's anyone rec'd in your area, but I really don't know how good they are or if they know ground/stick/ or whatever you want.

I looked at mapquest and now know where Oceanside is at...

You surf? I'm mostly a body surfer, but go out on long board sometimes in Hawaii.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 6/01/2004 10:25am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/27/2008 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine this guy trying to post in some sort of drunken stupor. Then his eyes begin to droop, his head falls forward and smacks the keyboard, nailing the Post button.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234