Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2013 11:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I never did 50 pushups a day in PE class when I was 10 years old. I'm just telling the truth. Maybe if I had I would think nothing of it.
    You said it rotates. In elementary school we did more we did less. We'd have an hour of PE do 20 to 50 Squat thrusts, 20-50 sit ups, 50-100 Jumping jacks, 20 to 50 pushups, 20-20 wind mills and some running everyday before we learned a new or played a sport. This was from 4 through 8th grade. It was like a formula so, I assumed everyone did this and never thought anything about it.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/26/2013 11:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You said it rotates. In elementary school we did more we did less. We'd have an hour of PE do 20 to 50 Squat thrusts, 20-50 sit ups, 50-100 Jumping jacks, 20 to 50 pushups, 20-20 wind mills and some running everyday before we learned a new or played a sport. This was from 4 through 8th grade. It was like a formula so, I assumed everyone did this and never thought anything about it.
    Yes, there is some rotation to my son's schedule. Honestly, I don't remember the specifics of what I did in elementary school PE too well. Hell, I can't even remember if we had PE every day. It seems like it was only a couple times a week. Could have been every day. Really not sure.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2013 11:25am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a great memory for useless ****. I freak people out with the inane **** I remember.

Posted On:
    11/26/2013 1:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    ...he's basically a noob to this kind of exercise....if he does 50 correct pushups over 3 sets or so I do believe it will be pushing his limits a bit. He's been doing pushups during warmups in BJJ but it's usually like 10 at a time. So this will be the most he's ever done.
    Counterintuitively, this is an advantage. The next two to six weeks the push-ups might be rough. But novices improve fast. By the new year, if he's consistent, eats well, sleeps enough, and doesn't get injured, he'll be rocking these push-ups like a beast and not thinking twice.

But I reiterate that if he gets into a training rut--as in, overtraining for a week or two, where he's getting run into the ground instead of bouncing back--he should take a weekend off. If he sabotages his recovery with not sleeping/not eating/eating the wrong things/whatever, that would be something to discuss too.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    11/29/2013 2:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our kids class will knock out fifty push ups but that was two or three times a week. I am going to sugest that if the kid wants to wrestle he has to be strong. Which tends to be different with BJJ.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12