Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/30/2013 3:45pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please no more slow motion videos and musical catharsis

So bascially this product is a bit bumpfireish. If you look carefully, on 'auto' mode the guys kinda relax ther hand, letting the gun rock back and forth a bit.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 11/30/2013 3:51pm at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    11/30/2013 6:43pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Fully auto is fun until you check your wallet. I'd prefer a select fire with a short burst mode over fully auto any day.
    I don't care for burst fire at all. In my experience, use of the select fire option in combat is restricted to close range "oh **** moments" when you need to put as many rounds on target as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. Burst fire does not achieve that. I'm not sure what it does, other than keep Big Military retards from wasting ammo or hosing their squadmates on accident.

To be fair, I could have completely missed the point on what burst fire is intended for, given my fairly narrow viewpoint on the topic.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/30/2013 8:31pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Fully auto is fun until you check your wallet. I'd prefer a select fire with a short burst mode over fully auto any day.
    I'm with Cassius on the three round burst. I never dug it. If I need to rock and roll I want to be in full Scarface mode.

The money is no fucking joke though. I have a serious desire to build a hand cranked ten barrel gatling gun at some point. There are a lot of designs available for gatling guns in .22 long rifle. At first I turned my nose up at the idea of a rimfire design and wanted to go with a more substantial cartridge . Then I started to ask myself if I wanted to spend a year of my free time building something that's going to cost me $200 a minute to shoot. Nah, not so much.

Posted On:
    12/01/2013 2:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    To be fair, I could have completely missed the point on what burst fire is intended for, given my fairly narrow viewpoint on the topic.
    As it was explained to me it has to do with the limited stopping power of a single 5.56 round.
    A 3 round burst on the other hand tends to work well without having to dump a whole bunch of ammo into someone.

I have no clue as to how valid of a point this is, but I do see the merit to the argument.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/01/2013 3:06am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    As it was explained to me it has to do with the limited stopping power of a single 5.56 round.
    A 3 round burst on the other hand tends to work well without having to dump a whole bunch of ammo into someone.

I have no clue as to how valid of a point this is, but I do see the merit to the argument.
    My understanding is that three round burst was developed specifically to lower the ridiculously high rounds fired to body count ratio of the Vietnam era. Reduce spray and pray mag dumps.

Military personnel have been taught to use full auto weapons in controlled three to five round bursts for decades. This mandates it.

In my view the problem is that if you're going to take a well aimed shot there's really very little need for three round burst. Three round burst is better than semi-auto in some situations like ambushes where you're shooting into vehicles and you can't pick out a specific target. I'd still rather have unrestricted full auto in those types of scenarios though. People should be able to learn ammo discipline without being given a weapon with a governor.

Posted On:
    12/01/2013 10:42am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

I think that's an interesting justification, but I've never heard of a unit operating under that SOP. It would be interesting to see. I've never really heard of anyone advocating for anything less than a controlled pair in CQB environments anyway, no matter how large the round (With the exception of 12 gauge shotguns). Somehow, I have trouble believing this justification would pass the sniff test at the GO level. "So you're telling me that we can't even train our troops to do 'sight picture - fire -sight picture - fire -sight picture' AND we can't teach them to do 3-5 round bursts in full auto, so we should give them a select fire weapon that shoots 3 round bursts?" I am firmly in the camp that believes the DoD decided hamstringing the functionality of the weapon was worth it if it kept costs down and kept dumb privates out of trouble.

In my opinion, the issue of 5.56 stopping power is/was mostly resolved with the introduction of 62 and 77 grain boattail rounds for military use. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain if the government decided to do a mass barrel swap over to .300 AAC Blackout + provide a REPR or SCAR Heavy to each Squad DMR, but beggars can't be choosers . . .

Also, here is the ATF letter for the tacfirecon fcg in case anyone still cares about that:

http://tacfirecon.com/wp-content/upl...val-Letter.pdf

Looks like the MSRP is $495. I've heard some rumblings of 3-gunner interest to go along with the Full Auto fans, so I am hoping we'll see reviews pop up fairly quickly.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234