Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Larptastic.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 9:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Help me out. I'm at work so I couldn't watch the video with sound yet. Have you been able to determine if any special trigger manipulation is required? To me, that's what makes the typical bump fire products silly. If you manipulate the trigger just so and hold your mouth just right it MAY work.

If this is a product that truly allows you to just pull the damn trigger like you normally would and it's reliable, I wouldn't be opposed to paying a premium price for it but I'm not interested in anything that requires voodoo magic to work right.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 9:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you skip up to 1:33 or so, the demo piece in the video seems to have a "regular" telescoping stock. There might be something funny going on with the grip, but hard to tell - I don't think so. The site, "accepting pre-orders," has a photo of just the trigger group, so I'm thinking there's something novel going on there. I bumbled around in Google patent search and didn't find anything.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 11:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am speculating that there is no special trigger manipulation based on the fact that to bump fire with this you set the trigger to bump fire mode on the selector.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 12:29pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: ALIVE!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That will last long enough to recoup development costs, then the ATF will ban it. A list of purchasers will be provided to the ATF, they will get letters directing them to send the ATF the selector or some other critical part. There's no way that device can live in the America of today.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 12:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    That will last long enough to recoup development costs, then the ATF will ban it. A list of purchasers will be provided to the ATF, they will get letters directing them to send the ATF the selector or some other critical part. There's no way that device can live in the America of today.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. How is a trigger than enables full auto fire any different than any other weapon with a full auto sear? Of course, what I know about this trigger is limited to this thread so there could be something I'm missing.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 12:41pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: ALIVE!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has to be a proprietary stub trigger with a full length sheath over it. When you move the selector to the "Bumpity" position it probably de-links the stub trigger from the sheath, allowing recoil to "rock" the sheath back and forth on the stub trigger. In this way the weapon only fires once per pull of the actual trigger, hence allowed by BATF. That said, the list of previously allowed and subsequently banned bump fire devices is long and littered with the tears of early adopters.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 12:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    It has to be a proprietary stub trigger with a full length sheath over it. When you move the selector to the "Bumpity" position it probably de-links the stub trigger from the sheath, allowing recoil to "rock" the sheath back and forth on the stub trigger. In this way the weapon only fires once per pull of the actual trigger, hence allowed by BATF. That said, the list of previously allowed and subsequently banned bump fire devices is long and littered with the tears of early adopters.
    Hmm. Interesting.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 2:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the weird thing, they advertise you will get an ATF letter with a purchase of their full gun.

http://www.specialforcesstore.org/pr...non-nfa-54-800

USM4 14.5" Pinned Flash Hider Rifle Mode 3 Rifle Black
    Mode 3 Capable of 650+ Rounds per Minute
    USM4 Billet Lower 7075 T6 Aluminum
    USM4 Forged Upper 7075 T6 Aluminum
    Mil-Spec Charging Handle
    M16 Standard Bolt Carrier Group
    Mil-Spec Chrome Lined Barrel
    1:7 Hammer Forged
    12.5 Key Mod Rail with Picatinny Top
    USM4 Go-Bag, (5) Magpul 30 Round Magazines & Single Point Bungee Sling Included
    ATF Approved Letter Included No NFA Paperwork Required
    I like this video better. The guy talks about the heat and you see how heavy it smokes.

Posted On:
    11/25/2013 2:05pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Here's the weird thing, they advertise you will get an ATF letter with a purchase of their full gun.

http://www.specialforcesstore.org/pr...non-nfa-54-800

I like this video better. The guy talks about the heat and you see how heavy it smokes.
    The letter means they've asked the ATF if it's good to go and they said yes. They're supplying the letter to their customers because they know it's pushing the boundaries.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast